DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Lock Issue... Think I Broke Something... AND Follow Mode

realvue

Reactions
Hello to the forum. New Mavic Air 2 user here, purchased with the intent of using it for professional photography & videography. Previously owned a DJI Phantom 3 Standard that I bought used. I was never overly impressed with it (I think it had a controller/antenna issue), life got in the way, and I never pursued it to the extent I had planned. Then for Christmas, I got my son the Mavic Mini in a package from Costco. I was completely shocked at how much the technology had improved in such a short period of time, that I decided to spring for the MA2. I'm still definitely a n00b, but flying every day and learning as I go. So far, I am really impressed.

More than once I have seen a gimbal lock error on my screen, but I have not been able to successfully replicate the issue to the point I could document and get tech support.

Yesterday I was out and about flying and experienced the error again. I really took a close look at the mechanism, and I was messing with it when a small plastic tab popped off from somewhere in the gimbal area. (Photo attached) What did I do? The unit *seemed* to function normally for the rest of the session. Input appreciated. The plastic does not seem to be broken or damaged. That's the good news. The bad news is, I don't know if it is important or if it needs to be replaced. Assuming that the answers are: it is important, and should be replaced.

Regarding follow mode and some of the quick shot options... is there a way I can get the drone closer to the subject? I know there is no truth in advertising, but in the videos on their website, the subject is very large in the frame, but when trying this for the first time, every time I attempted to initiate this feature, any time I got the subject framed where I wanted it to be, I got an error message stating it was too close. I want to make videos like the ones they show!

Any other pilots from North Idaho on here? I am near CDA/Post Falls

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 29
Can you zoom in by cropping post production?
I have seen the option in video editing software but never used it so not sure how effective it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ