DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Malfunction - (going crazy in all directions)

Cris37

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm having a serious problem on my Gimbal. I looked around the forum but didn't find a thread with the same problem ... I would like to know if someone already had the same happening and how it was solved and how long ?

I am in contact by email with DJI Support, they told me to do all calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, DJI Assistant) but none of these solved the situation so I have to send it to them ...

This is happening in >90% of my flights.
Almost once on every battery so impossible to continue the flight and having some video record, I need to use RTH directly as it is impossible to see anything on the phone ...

P.S. : I had no crash

Dropbox - Vidéo 06-12-2017 15 21 53.mov

Dropbox - Vidéo 22-11-2017 10 48 56.mp4

I had a problem something like that one time when I was trying a filter but the motion was not where near what you have.
It was more of a jiggle than the nasty shake that you have and it has never done it again.
My first guess would be some sort of short circuit in the gimbal system somewhere.

Reactions: Cris37
Hello everyone,

I'm having a serious problem on my Gimbal. I looked around the forum but didn't find a thread with the same problem ... I would like to know if someone already had the same happening and how it was solved and how long ?

I am in contact by email with DJI Support, they told me to do all calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, DJI Assistant) but none of these solved the situation so I have to send it to them ...

This is happening in >90% of my flights.
Almost once on every battery so impossible to continue the flight and having some video record, I need to use RTH directly as it is impossible to see anything on the phone ...

P.S. : I had no crash

Dropbox - Vidéo 06-12-2017 15 21 53.mov

Dropbox - Vidéo 22-11-2017 10 48 56.mp4
It seems that this is a common issue with the Mavic after a few months of ownership. Mine is also doing the same thing and after a call with DJI support [all the calibrations etc.] it's still does every 3rd or 4th flight. I just may have to send it in to the factory service center. Any luck in getting yours resolved?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000