DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal missing in app and no video

Klompen914

Reactions
My Mavic Pro developed gimbal motor overload problems and the video was so shaky that it was useless. On the last flight before repair, I managed to crash it, but as I remember, the camera was still working after the crash (my memory is hazy on this).

I replaced the gimbal ribbon cable, but did not replace the video cable. Now the gimbal does it's startup dance normally so it appears to be working properly, but there is no video feed and the gimbal is not displayed in the app so it is not possible to calibrate it. There are no error codes or messages.

A search here didn't turn up any clues. I have rechecked all the connections on the gimbal circuit board. Is this because the video cable is actually damaged? Is it caused by a ribbon connection that isn't right? Something else? TIA for your help!

Last edited:
I replaced the video cable and now the gimbal is again showing up so that it can be calibrated as well as showing the image.

My original question was about whether a lack of video alone would cause the gimbal to appear to be missing even though the gimbal now properly did its startup routine. Apparently the answer is - yes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada