DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload error

Abhi239989

Reactions
Hi folks...i took out my mavic pro from bag to fly and i started getting the error gimbal motor overload..the camera is moving left to right only when i start it..it doesnt move up down at all.pls suggest me if its ribbon problem or need to change gimbal..i tried downgrading firmware ..gimbal calibration dsnt work after 5%..and gimbal control dial doesnt work..

Attachments

• 20170816_221122.jpg
    20170816_221122.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 41
Hi folks...i took out my mavic pro from bag to fly and i started getting the error gimbal motor overload..the camera is moving left to right only when i start it..it doesnt move up down at all.pls suggest me if its ribbon problem or need to change gimbal..i tried downgrading firmware ..gimbal calibration dsnt work after 5%..and gimbal control dial doesnt work..

Hard to say. Examine carefully for anything that may be blocking. Did any water get into the gimbal system?

I had same problem and couldn't recalibrate.
Previously I had failed to take cover off which stalled gimble for a few moments ... not sure that was cause ?
Else
I set gimble to pan above horizon.
Not sure which happened first.
Cure seemed to be to change the setting back.
Does failure to remove cover mess up gimble if allowed for a minute or two ?

I've neglected to take off the lock many times when doing things like f/w updates. (then shutting down and removing it). No issues so far. To be sure it should be off before powering up. But I doubt such will cause damage as the f/w will recognize it and stop driving the gimbal motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147