DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not respond

minorarce

Reactions
Hello friends,
I have a question:
The last month I was a little crashed, just affect the gimbal.
First when turn on, the gimbal realized the movements but stuck.
I change two arms with motors, but now the gimbal not work definitely, I turned on and the gimbal not realized movement.
Some idea what happen, which part is in charge of the movement into the gimbal. Sorry for my grammar [emoji2]

Best regards

You say that you have replaced two arms and motors so you must have taken the top cover off the drone.
None of the above will directly influence the operation of the gimbal.
If it does not respond or move then there is a connection problem.

Does the camera still show a picture?
If it still does then its probably a fault in the ribbon cables.

You will have to disassemble the gimbal bit by bit until you find a fault and replace the faulty part.

The cheapest and easiest thing to check, is the connection and ribbon cable between the drone and the gimbal board.
You will need a 1.5mm hex screwdriver.
If there is no fault there then the next steps get complicated.

I think he meant the gimbal arms and motors since he said the crash only affected the gimbal. Right after the crash, the gimbal didn't initialize properly.

Danman you are possibly correct but we need to know for sure before we can offer helpful advice.

If minorarce has disassembled the gimbal and it’s not responding in any way then it’s probably a cable connection error. That said I once reassembled a gimbal and the three screws holding the yaw motor in the gimbal frame we’re tightened too much. This allowed the end of the screws to enter the motor by just a fraction but it was enough to prevent operation of the gimbal.

Minorarce are each of the gimbal motors free to rotate without resistance from stop to stop?

Fizzbang I disarm the gimbal and nothing I plug a new cable ptz, I have video but not movements.
Can be the flex cable?? Or the gimbal board??

Fizzbang I disarm the gimbal and nothing I plug a new cable ptz, I have video but not movements.
Can be the flex cable?? Or the gimbal board??
It could be the flex cable. It could be the gimbal board. It could just be a badly made ribbon cable connection.

Even if the gimbal is partly working after you disassembled it, you will need to reset the extremes of movement and calibrate the gimbal, otherwise it may move but not point directly forwards and to the centre.

You have to run the dji tools command JointCoarse and then a LinearHall command.

JointCoarse will move the gimbal to each of the gimbal extremes and save their location.
LinearHall will centre the gimbal within the previous extremes..
All being well And just to make sure, you should now be able to calibrate the gimbal with the Go 4 App.

But first you need to download and install Python and the DJI tools from GitHub
See this video

Here are the lines of a windows batch file to run the commands for a Mavic 2 pro connected on port Com3

c:
cd..
cd c:\DJI
CD C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master
pause
py comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
pause
py comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall
pause
exit

If things still do not work you will have to dissasemble the gimbal; check the components; reassemble and try again.

Reactions: magosagazzu
It could be the flex cable. It could be the gimbal board. It could just be a badly made ribbon cable connection.

Even if the gimbal is partly working after you disassembled it, you will need to reset the extremes of movement and calibrate the gimbal, otherwise it may move but not point directly forwards and to the centre.

You have to run the dji tools command JointCoarse and then a LinearHall command.

JointCoarse will move the gimbal to each of the gimbal extremes and save their location.
LinearHall will centre the gimbal within the previous extremes..
All being well And just to make sure, you should now be able to calibrate the gimbal with the Go 4 App.

But first you need to download and install Python and the DJI tools from GitHub
See this video

Here are the lines of a windows batch file to run the commands for a Mavic 2 pro connected on port Com3

c:
cd..
cd c:\DJI
CD C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master
pause
py comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
pause
py comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall
pause
exit

If things still do not work you will have to dissasemble the gimbal; check the components; reassemble and try again.
Friend, I have same problem. After replace motors and cable s i have only video but not moving. App no error codes, but I have only serial number of camera but of gimbal i have n/a

Same here
Did you find any solution ?
Rishu you just say 'Same Here'.
Are you saying that you have disassembled and rebuilt the gimbal and have no movement?

If my Mavic 2 pro gimbal stopped working suddenly I would first check for free movement of the pitch roll and yaw motors and try to resolve any resistance to movement.

If they are free I would try a gimbal calibration.
If that fails I would then follow the process in post #6 above to run the dji tools command JointCoarse and then a LinearHall command.
If that fails then a total strip-down and rebuild is required. followed by the process in post #6 above.

Rishu you just say 'Same Here'.
Are you saying that you have disassembled and rebuilt the gimbal and have no movement?

If my Mavic 2 pro gimbal stopped working suddenly I would first check for free movement of the pitch roll and yaw motors and try to resolve any resistance to movement.

If they are free I would try a gimbal calibration.
If that fails I would then follow the process in post #6 above to run the dji tools command JointCoarse and then a LinearHall command.
If that fails then a total strip-down and rebuild is required. followed by the process in post #6 above.
Hi
My mavic 2 pro met a crash.
Have done joint coarse and linear hall but no use.
I reassembled the gimbal as well
Only camera feed is coming
Gimbal not moving (not intialising)
I changed yaw arm , gimbal board and gimbal flex previously
Now will try changing the yaw arm again

Rishu
Yes it sounds like trying again is required.
One thing needing to be mentioned.
When fixing the yaw motor to the vibration board with the three fixing screws it is possible to over tighten them and/or use the wrong screws such that the end of the screw protrudes into the yaw motor.
Also make sure that there is no binding of the yaw motor from stop to stop.
My other suggestion is that you reinstate the original board unless you know it to be at fault.
Hi
My mavic 2 pro met a crash.
Have done joint coarse and linear hall but no use.
I reassembled the gimbal as well
Only camera feed is coming
Gimbal not moving (not intialising)
I changed yaw arm , gimbal board and gimbal flex previously
Now will try changing the yaw arm again

Reactions: Rishu
Rishu
Yes it sounds like trying again is required.
One thing needing to be mentioned.
When fixing the yaw motor to the vibration board with the three fixing screws it is possible to over tighten them and/or use the wrong screws such that the end of the screw protrudes into the yaw motor.
Also make sure that there is no binding of the yaw motor from stop to stop.
My other suggestion is that you reinstate the original board unless you know it to be at fault.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion .
My gimbal board's display flex jack was broken thats why i changed the board .
Seems i have fixed wrong sized screws to yaw motor

Thank you for your valuable suggestion .
My gimbal board's display flex jack was broken thats why i changed the board .
Seems i have fixed wrong sized screws to yaw motor
Wrong screws, easily done. I did that myself once; hence the hint.

Hi,
I have a mavic air 2.
I have an issue, when i turn on the drone, the gimble doent move(also doesnt do the noise when turn on the drone) the elice move, is ok. but the gimble nothing.
not recognice with the application. its loke like i turn on but doenst recognice the drone and the gimble is stuck or something like that.
its very wird, i tried to find a solution on youtube or post, but i never saw something similar.
Never crash or something like that (i was thinking maybe the dust)

i can attached the video
any recomendation?

thank you

Hi,
I have a mavic air 2.
I have an issue, when i turn on the drone, the gimble doent move(also doesnt do the noise when turn on the drone) the elice move, is ok. but the gimble nothing.
not recognice with the application. its loke like i turn on but doenst recognice the drone and the gimble is stuck or something like that.
its very wird, i tried to find a solution on youtube or post, but i never saw something similar.
Never crash or something like that (i was thinking maybe the dust)

i can attached the video
any recomendation?

thank you
That sounds like a ribbon cable problem.

That sounds like a ribbon cable problem.
Hi,

I send it to an official dji store. They told me that

“The cardan shaft arm module is not working properly. The motherboard module

the aircraft is not working properly”

The problem is that they told me is 500 Dollars repair. I buy a new one with that money

What can I do with this problem? Anyone can give me any recommendation?

Adriana
Something has been lost in translation, I think.

There is no 'cardan shaft' in your gimbal. (A 'cardan shaft' is the type of shaft used as a drive shaft in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle. A cardan shaft has a universal joint at each end and allows for lateral displacement of a rotating shaft.)

It might be that they mean the 'Yaw arm' because that has the yaw arm motor at one end and the roll motor at the other.

From what you have said before it does sound like the yaw arm and ribbon cable are damaged.

Here is part 1 of how it is done.

I am sorry, but I do not have a recommendation for you.

So I’m late to the party but did any of these solutions work for you guys? I received a drone which the previous owner said crashed and had the gimbal replaced. Everything was fine, but now the gimbal won’t move. Any suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S