DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Not Responding to Controller?

ifsteve

Reactions
I just got a used Mavic Pro in excellent condition. Took my first flight this afternoon and it flew great as expected. However, the camera gimbal doesn't respond to the thumbwheel on the controller. I have recalibrated the gimbal (which went fine) but it still doesn't respond to the thumbwheel. During the calibration I was watching the screen on my Shield K1 and the gimbal was rotating around just like it should. I have no idea what the issue could be. When I turn the thumbwheel it makes a beep as you move it but no response from the gimbal nor are there any error messages.

HELP?

Reactions: Former Member
Mine does not beep when turning the wheel. You are using the left wheel (#4 below), correct?
1541106690811.png
The left wheel controls the gimbal up/down and does not actually turn. It rotates a little right or left and springs back to the center position when released.

Reactions: Former Member
Moss your post is quite confusing. Yes I am using wheel #4 and it doesn't move the gimbal like it should. The left wheel(#1) does spring back to center and its used for controlling the camera settings and as best as I can tell has nothing to do with the gimbal.

Well I got it figured out and it works fine. Its the freaking directions. The picture they use not only has the controller rotated 180 degrees from the way you face using it (which is fine) but they also have it flipped upside down. As an engineer if I had made a set of directions that stupid....well lets just say I wouldn't have lasted long.....

Anyway all is good.

Last edited:
Camera settings would be the RIGHT wheel. The left controls the gimbal up/down.
I wish the M2 right wheel could be pushed in to change what it controls like you could with the P3. By the way, that picture is referenced looking from the back. You can tell because the antennas are shown facing you.

Reactions: ifsteve
Camera settings would be the RIGHT wheel. The left controls the gimbal up/down.
I wish the M2 right wheel could be pushed in to change what it controls like you could with the P3. By the way, that picture is referenced looking from the back. You can tell because the antennas are shown facing you.
Yeah of course the picture would be from the back. Its the upside down I didn't catch......

I've found that the actual controller seems to be more fragile than my MP1.... The 5d button flies off at its own and when I tried to attach it with a single drop of super glue it completely froze the whole button up... Lol. I don't really use it so it hasn't been an issue and would require me mailing the entire drone and controller back to china. That not happening... I'll Gladly buy just a controller off ebay before I risk NOT getting back my actual drone I sent..

Point is.. It might just be your controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler