DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overload Issue after replacing Vibration pad [SOLVED]

PurpleFinchDrone

Reactions
I had a little head on crash with a small tree, the force was enough to break the gimbal vibration tray. I ordered a new vibration pad and installed it.

I looked over everything, no broken ribbions, no dislocated lines inside, gimbal is totally free to move.

Once I turn on the Mavic, the gimbal looks left, looks right... and stops. It does not want to move up or down, or spin the focusing ring.

I've reset the IMU, reset the compass, upgraded the firmware, and triple checked the ribbons, but still NOTHING works.

I've tried to reset the gimbal, but when I try, nothing happens.

I am able to see thru the my phone on the app with the camera, all the cameras programed functions work, the only thing I am unable to do is move the gimbal with either the RC tilt wheel or the touch screen feature.

HELP!

Examine your ribbon cable under a magnifying glass. Also, one of your gimbal motors might have gotten damaged, possibly gimbal pitch motor.

Listen to the gimbal pitch motor and see if it is buzzing. Also feel it and see if it gets hot after 2-3 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: PurpleFinchDrone
This user sounds oddly familiar to someone I know in my area. PurpleFinch, I sent you a PM.

WOW......

it was the cable.... I had no idea about a 2nd wrap around a part of the gimbal!

BAHHHH, now I gotta order a few in case of future... issues.... D:

Examine your ribbon cable under a magnifying glass. Also, one of your gimbal motors might have gotten damaged, possibly gimbal pitch motor.

Listen to the gimbal pitch motor and see if it is buzzing. Also feel it and see if it gets hot after 2-3 minutes.

Thank you!! It was the cable... that's fixable, a busted motor isn't!!

WOW......

it was the cable.... I had no idea about a 2nd wrap around a part of the gimbal!

BAHHHH, now I gotta order a few in case of future... issues.... D:

If you do order more cables. make sure to get ones that work. Either DJI OEM or Fstop Labs work for me. The ones from China just dont work for me most of the time.

If you do order more cables. make sure to get ones that work. Either DJI OEM or Fstop Labs work for me. The ones from China just dont work for me most of the time.

ordered from Fstop Labs. I found you get a better price if you're an amazon prime member. free two day shipping and $5 bucks less. I would have purchased 2 from their website (Fstop) but with the amazon saving, I got 3.