DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Gimbal Overloaded" - no longer balancing correct

bk_flyguy

Reactions
Everything was fine and dandy and then all of the sudden one day, BAM. Gimbal overloaded, can't balance, the thing wigs out. I was using the Polar Pro ND filters regularly, I am guessing this had something to do with it? Maybe I pulled them off/put them on too hard? (Though I thought I was careful!).

The gimbal will not balance with or without them on. Actually, if I pull them off and fly gimbal as is, on rare occassion if I mess with the thing and leave it to continual loop through trying to balance, lightly tapping the gimbal and flipping the Mavic Pro around in various angles, I can get it to go normal and stabilize. But who has 25 minutes to mess with this before a flight?

So, what to do. I believe I will need a repair? What might have caused this? What is the absolute fastest way to get this repaired now for a shoot next Friday short of just buying a whole new Mavic? How much might repair cost?

And what likely caused it... Humidity (Was shooting in Papau New Guinea)? Travel/Transport (I left the gimbal clamp on). Polar Pro weight? Polar Pro removal/addition as I swapped between different ND filter grades?

Dissapointed with how frail the camera and gimbal is...

Any help appreciated!!

Everything was fine and dandy and then all of the sudden one day, BAM. Gimbal overloaded, can't balance, the thing wigs out. I was using the Polar Pro ND filters regularly, I am guessing this had something to do with it? Maybe I pulled them off/put them on too hard? (Though I thought I was careful!).

The gimbal will not balance with or without them on. Actually, if I pull them off and fly gimbal as is, on rare occassion if I mess with the thing and leave it to continual loop through trying to balance, lightly tapping the gimbal and flipping the Mavic Pro around in various angles, I can get it to go normal and stabilize. But who has 25 minutes to mess with this before a flight?

So, what to do. I believe I will need a repair? What might have caused this? What is the absolute fastest way to get this repaired now for a shoot next Friday short of just buying a whole new Mavic? How much might repair cost?

And what likely caused it... Humidity (Was shooting in Papau New Guinea)? Travel/Transport (I left the gimbal clamp on). Polar Pro weight? Polar Pro removal/addition as I swapped between different ND filter grades?

Dissapointed with how frail the camera and gimbal is...

Any help appreciated!!
@Thunderdrones could probably provide you with a quote for cost and time.

Reactions: fkabaei
Thank you @Bunny Too for the mention.

Could be a combination of things. PP filters fit pretty snugly, and if a person is not careful, the gimbal flat ribbon cable can tear easily.

What is the absolute fastest way to get this repaired now for a shoot next Friday short of just buying a whole new Mavic? How much might repair cost?

I repair Mavics and I am located in Georgia. I can turn it around in a day or two, repair cost depends on whats broken. I charge $49 plus shipping to and from for an estimate.

Reactions: fkabaei