DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problem after crash

JHenderson

Reactions
My Mavic Air hit a tree and fell to the ground. All's well except the gimbal cracked. So I ordered a new one and put it in yesterday. Now the gibmal won't activate upon start up. It moves up and down, but when it goes side to side it just locks up sideways looking up. Drone works fine, camera takes pics and movies, but there is no control of the gimbal. I refreshed firmware, recalibrated the IMU, took out gimbal and reinstalled but get the same thing. Gimbal will not calibrate--never goes beyone 10%.
I get camera error Code 3 when I link drone to controller and after about a minute it says Gimbal Overload.

Any ideas?
Jonathan

hi Jonathan
I would start by first doing a Factory Reset in DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic Air. This can be done in the Firmware update section. Then go through the calibrations including gimbal and see if that brings any joy.

Thanks. I've actually done all of that already. No luck. Even after factory reset gimbal will not calibrate and does the same think.

When I move the drone around with my hand, the gimbal does move in an attempt to "look" ahead, but it's as if it doesn't know its directions, or what is level. This is why I tried the IMU reset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky