DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wobbles and shakes, then overload error

RickMC

Reactions
Flying the other day my gimbal started to wobble and shake back and forth, at first I almost had a panic attack because I thought the drone itself was wobbling back and forth and was going to flip over, but then I realized the drone was stable so it’s just the gimbal.

A few days later I flew again and the same thing happened, but then I got a Gimbal Overload error message. Is there something defective with my gimbal, and does anyone know a solution to fix this? Thanks

@RickMC several issues can cause the gimbal to shake ,an issue with the control board, a bad connection, a damaged cable some dust or dirt in one or all of the drive motors,the gimbal having come unhooked and not hanging level ,if the drone has been flown in sandy conditions this can cause movement constrictions as well try blowing around the gaps where the gimbal moves ,with some canned air or a air puffer and also do a gimbal calibration as well

p;ease never put oil in the bearings of your gimbal or motors this will just attract more dust and sand particles to stick to the bearings ,and surrounding parts ,keep them dry and just blow them clean as part of your regular airframe checks the oil sand mixture can become a very good abrasive mixture and cause damage to the bearings over time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007