DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball is not communicating with the IMU

Edo7152

Reactions
Good evening everyone. Initially I introduce myself. My name is Edward and I'm Italian, so sorry for any mistakes.

I own a mini 2 and a few days ago, I hit a steel cable during the flight at 30km / h. Immediately the gimbal freeze and once I brought the drone home I could see that it had hit the lens (where there is the 4k logo to understand) and one of the rear arms of the gimball was broken.

Brought home I tried to glue the arm and recalibrate the gimball with python and here the first problems started.

On the net I found 2 strings of code needed to recalibrate the gimball. The first ends with JointCoarse and when I run it, the gimball responds by performing its calibrations.
The second instead: LinearHall even if I send it 200 times, it has no effect.

Once the drone is started, the classic esc sound is heard and the gimball moves as usual but once stopped, even by tilting the drone, the gimball does not compensate for the movements, it remains stationary, blocked. By connecting the drone to the app, I cannot move the gimball with the wheel or with the touch.

I then ordered a replacement gimball from a certified dealer. Installed correctly but when I have to calibrate with python, the "LinearHall" string has no effect yet. Also, connected to the app, it has the same errors.

At this point I think the problem is that the gimball does not communicate correctly with the IMU but even trying to recalibrate it (I tried 30 times) nothing changes ...

As it is no longer under warranty, I cannot take it to DJI and I would like to be able to solve it on my own ... can you help me?

I believe the Mini 2 is one where only DJI has the software to pair a new camera/gimbal to the board. You may have to send it to them to have it paired.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121