DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbel motor overload

daveatpdx

Reactions
I am regularly getting warnings of gimbel motor overload on my Mavic 2 (with Hassleblad), but never got one in scores of flights with the original Mavic. They do not seem like false warnings because the camera seems to be unsteady when I get the warning. Any suggestions?

When are you getting the warnings and how long is the duration?
A couple times I got the warnings after takeoff, in windy conditions. I assumed the wind was the reason. But yesterday morning I flew it in calm conditions. The warning came after maybe 5 or 10 minutes of flight or so. There did not appear to be any hazard so I continued flying until I got a low battery warning. The gimbel warning never went away. I was taking still images throughout the flight and they turned out fine. I have also gotten the warning before takeoff, I believe, but I don't recall for sure. I think that I rebooted and it went away.

A couple times I got the warnings after takeoff, in windy conditions. I assumed the wind was the reason. But yesterday morning I flew it in calm conditions. The warning came after maybe 5 or 10 minutes of flight or so. There did not appear to be any hazard so I continued flying until I got a low battery warning. The gimbel warning never went away. I was taking still images throughout the flight and they turned out fine. I have also gotten the warning before takeoff, I believe, but I don't recall for sure. I think that I rebooted and it went away.

I would check the following things:
  1. Does the gimbal successfully autocalibrate when you ask it to in DJI Go?
  2. Does the gimbal chatter or shake when it's within visible/audio range or when you are getting the error message?
  3. After a flight, do any of the gimbal motors seem hotter than the others?
It's not the end of the world, but new gimbals shouldnt be "unsteady" and give error messages for longer than a flash of a second, or when starting up. It's good that your MP didnt do it, so you know something is wrong with your M2.

BTW, if you would like to get DJI to repair it, dont wait longer than 6 months, which is the warranty period on the gimbal.

Reactions: Eugenious99
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J