DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble connection and IPhone connection

joeyp1953

Reactions
I am having problems connecting both my phone and the controller to my drone. If I switch to wifi my phone connects, but then the controller won't. If I switch off the Wifi on the drone, the controller connects, but I lose connection with my phone? How do I get both connected at the same time?

I am having problems connecting both my phone and the controller to my drone. If I switch to wifi my phone connects, but then the controller won't. If I switch off the Wifi on the drone, the controller connects, but I lose connection with my phone? How do I get both connected at the same time?

Your phone connects to the remote and then your remote connects to the drone. You can’t have your phone directly connected to the drone and the RC connected to the drone at the same time.

well then how do watch footage and record? If one is on controlling the drone and the phone is not connected I am just flying with no ability to do anything else?

That defeats the purpose of having the phone connected with the ability to watch video of the flight. Am I missing something?

I have been, but the phone does not show live feed when I do. I can either get the phone or the remote, but not both.

now, hopefully, you understand my dilemma. How do both stay on at the same time? What am I doing wrong?

Make sure the switch on the drone is set to Remote. Connect the iPhone to the remote via the USB cord. Turn on the remote and go to the DJI Go 4 app on the phone. Wait a few seconds for the iPhone and the remote to recognize each other.

In the Live view screen of DJI Go 4 you will see the status bar be red and say “disconnected” when the phone and remote have paired.

Go and turn of the drone. It will start up and the lights with quickly flash yellow green and red for a few seconds and then it will flash yellow only. Wait a few seconds and then the remote will pick up the drone and you will be connected!

If you have issues getting the phone to recognize the remote then try a different cord.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ