DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble snaps down in sport mode

360 Guy

Reactions
While flying the Mini 2, I've noticed that when I'm in sport mode and have the gimble up to "0", (on the video camera setting) the gimble will snap down to minus 8 when I try to zoom in on an object.
Repositioning the gimble back to "0" and zooming in, it will again snap back to -8.
In all other modes, operation of the gimble and zoom together, functions ok.

Any idea of what is happening here?
TIA

While flying the Mini 2, I've noticed that when I'm in sport mode and have the gimble up to "0", (on the video camera setting) the gimble will snap down to minus 8 when I try to zoom in on an object.
Repositioning the gimble back to "0" and zooming in, it will again snap back to -8.
In all other modes, operation of the gimble and zoom together, functions ok.

Any idea of what is happening here?
TIA
How do you have your f/n button set. Perhaps it should be set for a double tap instead.

Believe that I did have it set for double tap.
Can’t fly as it’s raining now, any other suggestions?

I have exactly that same problem with my Mini-2s. It's actually quite annoying.

Sometimes when it does that, it flashes an explanatory message on the screen, but doesn't leave it up long enough for me to read it.

It happens on my whole little fleet of Mini-2s, so it's not just a failure in an individual drone.

Does anybody know what that "error" message says?

Thx!

TCS

Gimbal couldn't maintain that horizontal pitch during high speed flight.
Remember that the faster the drone flies, the bigger its nose down pitch and at some point camera would start smacking to drone's body if there weren't limit.

Reactions: Kilrah
No message when it does it on mine.
I've deleted the app. as I said previously & reinstalled with no joy.
STUMPED !

It's not just in Sport mode. I tested it yesterday, and got the same result in Normal mode. Although I did have it set to 3X.

I've sort of settled on 2.7K, 60 fps, and 3X as a default setting, but I'm still playing around with it.

What combination of mode, resolution, and magnification minimizes the smear from when doing a 360º rotation?

Thx,

TCS

The mini1 and mini2 gimbals have a few quirks which are undoubtedly due to the fact the drones can tilt more than the gimbals can compensate for.

When in sport mode it is easy to get the Mini 2 to tilt forward up to 40 deg by flying fast forwards. It can also reach 40deg in normal mode if its a bit windy. However, the gimbal can only compensate for up to 35deg from horizontal. What DJI seem to have done to get around this problem is make the gimbal pan down a bit - ie by 8deg. As to why zooming in should trigger this I don't know.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98