DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO4 Update

Do you have to install all of the other Google store apps first?
Yes and that should be stated by the OP and put in title, you have to have "modded" your SC, otherwise the updates come from DJI SC firmware updates. Unless he knows a work around other than forcing a non released for SC to side load.

Well my SC is not modded for google play, up until today it used to go and update from DJI, but now it goes to google. I don't have nothing on there other than What it came with or DJI added in an update, so I don't need to have stated anything different in the title.

Last edited:
Well my SC is not modded for google play, up until today it used to go and update from DJI, but now it goes to google. I don't have nothing on there other than What it came with or DJI added in an update, so I don't need to have stated anything different in the title.
Do any Google play store apps now appear on your SC?

I just went to DJI Go4 downloads on DJI’s site, downloaded the 4.3.42 Android apk and installed. Flew 3 M2Z batteries yesterday..no issues.

No Google apps on my SC, maybe DJI redirect the GO4 update check on the SC to Google and not to the download page now, seems a bit strange but who knows DJI,s way of thinking. Yeah I updated from the DJI download page in the end, it just didn't feel right doing it from the google store, .42 on mine also now. im not the only one that's been directed to the google store, a few over on the DJI forum have as well, and over on the google store its only the .38. version. So Repaid1 your wrong there in saying you have to have google play installed on the SC, so get your facts right pal before posting wrong info.

Last edited:
No Google apps on my SC, maybe DJI redirect the GO4 update check on the SC to Google and not to the download page now, seems a bit strange but who knows DJI,s way of thinking. Yeah I updated from the DJI download page in the end, it just didn't feel right doing it from the google store, .42 on mine also now. im not the only one that's been directed to the google store, a few over on the DJI forum have as well, and over on the google store its only the .38. version. So Repaid1 your wrong there in saying you have to have google play installed on the SC, so get your facts right pal before posting wrong info.

I never said had to have google play store installed, I commenting on the other post that said do you have to have google services installed, which you do for google play store to even work. There is no way to update a proper version of Go 4 installed on a smart controller through the means that DJI uses.

DJI updates and installs all apps through firmware only for the smart controller that are tested and approved for use on the Smart Controller. The last update for the Smart Controller (V01.00.0880 Jan 12th 2021) included DJI Go 4.3.38 and updated the Fly App to 1.2.2. If anyone has any higher version than those I listed on a Smart Controller than they have modded their SC to a unapproved App version ( for Smart Controller) and to a update for Android devices for a stock controller setup.

By Sideloading a *.apk from DJI you circumvent the proper way to get updates to a SC and revert to the way a stock Android device gets their version (Play Store) which was since stopped a few weeks back and then reverted to DJI store as DJI is not continuing to update through the play store at present (If ever again). I have my facts straight and am not posting wrong info.

I know exactly how a SC gets updates and how one can mod it to go higher...at some point certain people have circumvented the proper way and sideloaded a higher version and are now confusing the heck out of the SC, as that isn't how it knows to get updates. So it redirects to the old way the newer *.apk should be updated which was the Playstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougMcC
I never said had to have google play store installed, I commenting on the other post that said do you have to have google services installed, which you do for google play store to even work. There is no way to update a proper version of Go 4 installed on a smart controller through the means that DJI uses.

DJI updates and installs all apps through firmware only for the smart controller that are tested and approved for use on the Smart Controller. The last update for the Smart Controller (V01.00.0880 Jan 12th 2021) included DJI Go 4.3.38 and updated the Fly App to 1.2.2. If anyone has any higher version than those I listed on a Smart Controller than they have modded their SC to a unapproved App version ( for Smart Controller) and to a update for Android devices for a stock controller setup.

By Sideloading a *.apk from DJI you circumvent the proper way to get updates to a SC and revert to the way a stock Android device gets their version (Play Store) which was since stopped a few weeks back and then reverted to DJI store as DJI is not continuing to update through the play store at present (If ever again). I have my facts straight and am not posting wrong info.

I know exactly how a SC gets updates and how one can mod it to go higher...at some point certain people have circumvented the proper way and sideloaded a higher version and are now confusing the heck out of the SC, as that isn't how it knows to get updates. So it redirects to the old way the newer *.apk should be updated which was the Playstore.
DJI might disagree with your following statement:

“By Sideloading a *.apk from DJI you circumvent the proper way to get updates to a SC.”

This is from the DJI release notes of SC firmware update .0530

• Added ability to update the built in DJI GO4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom