DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to England from US. What do I need to do?

a welsh sheep farmer counting his sheep into a pen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 hi gorgeous 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 love those eyelashes 20 21 22 23 24 you get the idea
A tourist sauntered into a pub in Llandrindod Wells and said: “what's the quickest way to get to Brecon from here? Rhodri the landlord answered: “Are you walking or going by car?” The tourist answered: “By car, of course.” Rhodri said: “Well, that's the quickest way.”

How did this thread start as someone asking advice about visiting the uk and end up like this ?
It’s the most British thread on this forum, ever.

Reactions: old man mavic
Download the following apps as they will help you work out if your in a no fly zone.

NATS Drone assist app
Airmap
SD Light

Also be aware that most National Parks are no fly for drones, National Trust are no fly zones, English Heritage are no fly zones And probably a few more.

Down here in Dorset we have sheep with one set of legs longer that the other for grazing on steep hillsides. Trouble is they are a bit dumb and frequently roll down when they turn round.

Assuming we haven't scared off the OP, do the online registration / test and print a sticker for the drone with the registration code on. Have Airmap and NATS Drone assist on your phone and try to load the maps in advance via wifi. Do you really need maps all the time? I have often seen something I'd like to photograph and just flown without maps. As long as the drone has registered the home point.

My experience with drone registration is that it was a news story for precisely 10 minutes until some reality TV star said something inane and people lost interest. Not once have I been asked if my drone is registered by anyone. Most conversations revolve around the technical capacities of the drone (how high / how far etc). It's just like when I went through all the rigmarole for flying in Canada last summer. There isn't a member of the drone police behind every tree waiting to pounce. Just make yourself aware where you cannot fly, and show respect to people where you do fly.

Down here in Dorset we have sheep with one set of legs longer that the other for grazing on steep hillsides. Trouble is they are a bit dumb and frequently roll down when they turn round.

Assuming we haven't scared off the OP, do the online registration / test and print a sticker for the drone with the registration code on. Have Airmap and NATS Drone assist on your phone and try to load the maps in advance via wifi. Do you really need maps all the time? I have often seen something I'd like to photograph and just flown without maps. As long as the drone has registered the home point.

My experience with drone registration is that it was a news story for precisely 10 minutes until some reality TV star said something inane and people lost interest. Not once have I been asked if my drone is registered by anyone. Most conversations revolve around the technical capacities of the drone (how high / how far etc). It's just like when I went through all the rigmarole for flying in Canada last summer. There isn't a member of the drone police behind every tree waiting to pounce. Just make yourself aware where you cannot fly, and show respect to people where you do fly.
well said, as long as you use common sense, have the paperwork in place ,no one will bother you

You should be able to fly around villages. The code says built up areas but there's no definition of a built up area. This will help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000