DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to Hawaii in June........... Drones on the Plane ?

How much headAche should I expect and is it worth it ?
About as much headache as you get when you fly with a laptop, iPad, camera or mobile phone.
No-one at the airport or on the plane will care at all.
Just make sure you have the batteries in your carry-on luggage and not in checked luggage.

About as much headache as you get when you fly with a laptop, iPad, camera or mobile phone.
No-one at the airport or on the plane will care at all.
Just make sure you have the batteries in your carry-on luggage and not in checked luggage.
Thank you

Check with the airline that you are going on about their rules.
I had an air in a case as a carry on with three batteries and was not an issue.

Brought my MPP the last two trips to Hawaii using a Lowepro camera bag. No problems at all. Take them out, and laid it out in the totes. TSA's seen them all, and just treat it like any other electronic. I did have the batteries in LiPo bag, and connectors covered. I'm headed to Oahu next week, and I'll let you know if anything's changed.

-Jeff

Not had any issues taking my drone on holiday, only got stopped once while going through security but that was only a standard check.

I don’t even think about it, it just comes with me via “carry on”

There’s been soooooo many threads on here with the same question you’ve just asked, nobody reported back saying they had problems, so just do it. Like what Meta4 said take your batteries via carry on.

In Maui now. No problem whatsoever going through Security. They didn’t even care about the batteries in my carry on bag. I flew Delta from DTW through Seattle to OGG.
Any electronics bigger than a smart phone need to be in the cubbies for Security.
Have a great time and share some pics/videos [emoji106]

I just flew to the Philippines with my M2P in the DJI case with all accessories and 4 batteries. It went though the X-ray machine and carried on the plane with no questions.

Make sure there are no snakes in your bag with your drone...

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Went to Oahu over Christmas. No issues at all . As mentioned earlier carry Drone in carry on baggage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost