DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good news for OccuSync, bad news for Telephoto lens

jonatious

Reactions
I just talked to the DJI customer service and got all the answers. The O3+ on the aircraft should give 15km range even on the standard controller.

Due to the O3+ image transmission system of the DJI Mavic 3 aircraft, it can also achieve the same maximum image transmission distance and specifications as DJI RC Pro when use with RC-N1(the standard remote controller)

I inquired about the telephoto lens RAW capability, he took a couple mins and talked to the senior team and said that there is currently no plan on adding support for RAW/manual mode in telephoto lens and that they will take my feedback and to watch out for updates on their website. So it is just a marketing gimmick after all

Good to know, that’s good Mavic 3 regular controller should get equal range as SC2.

Thanks!
Range is really a non-player for most of us who live in countries that have VLOS or other limitations to how far we can fly a drone. Hopefully the signal / transmission feed is way better for those shorter range flights we do make, as signal loss is a PIA and tends to freak many people out and make wrong decisions - esp new pilots.

Upgrades to the overall transmission / signal system are something to look at for sure; but does it make or break the price that DJI is asking? As with battery life, while DJI's claim is impressive - reality shows that may be closer to 75% of their estimates / trials. Now a 30-35 minute battery will be nice for sure, but again is it worth that extra chunk of $$$ they are asking.

Taken as a whole, the M3 "may" be a good purchase for some and not a good one for others. Each of us has our own expectations / needs - so comparing all of the new things versus what say an Air2S has - may lead many to not purchase it anytime soon.

Range is really a non-player for most of us who live in countries that have VLOS or other limitations to how far we can fly a drone. Hopefully the signal / transmission feed is way better for those shorter range flights we do make, as signal loss is a PIA and tends to freak many people out and make wrong decisions - esp new pilots.

Upgrades to the overall transmission / signal system are something to look at for sure; but does it make or break the price that DJI is asking? As with battery life, while DJI's claim is impressive - reality shows that may be closer to 75% of their estimates / trials. Now a 30-35 minute battery will be nice for sure, but again is it worth that extra chunk of $$$ they are asking.

Taken as a whole, the M3 "may" be a good purchase for some and not a good one for others. Each of us has our own expectations / needs - so comparing all of the new things versus what say an Air2S has - may lead many to not purchase it anytime soon.
Disco

Reactions: pfreehft
I just talked to the DJI customer service and got all the answers. The O3+ on the aircraft should give 15km range even on the standard controller.

I inquired about the telephoto lens RAW capability, he took a couple mins and talked to the senior team and said that there is currently no plan on adding support for RAW/manual mode in telephoto lens and that they will take my feedback and to watch out for updates on their website. So it is just a marketing gimmick after all
The Tele Lens is just to help finding things / areas in the distance from what I read.

I'm dubious of the tech's claim for range. The range is based on transmit power and beamforming. The standard controller has neither the power nor transmitters and antennas to beamform. While the drone itself can likely transmit a suitable signal 15km in lab conditions, the controller signal will not be able to reach the drone. And DJI has shown a great propensity to stretch marketing hype beyond real life.

The single thing the M3 has at this point that makes it stand out - is the slightly better low light performance over the Air 2S - better cameras usually cost more. If all you shoot are sunsets at altitude, it might be worth the extra money. Otherwise a 14EV still camera with interchangeable lenses for half the money is a better use of funds.

Indeed, I would have bought the M3 Combo straight away if it was compatible with my current Smart Controller. As it stands I’m in no hurry to buy the M3.

Indeed, I would have bought the M3 Combo straight away if it was compatible with my current Smart Controller. As it stands I’m in no hurry to buy the M3.
Pretty sure it is compatible, I saw a post on YT saying they just tried… maybe it was dronetechmedia?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato