DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good way to find a lost aircraft

Mrmund

Reactions
So I want to suggest something here I learned from the Drone Racing FPV forum, recommended by Earthman

"If you fly outside, put small pieces of reflective tape on all sides of your drones as they will be easier to find in the woods/weeds after dark with a flashlight. I spent an hour looking for a small quad that went down in the woods and probably walked within 10-ft of it several times without seeing it. I went home and returned with a spotlight, and found it in 30-seconds from 100-ft away because I put reflective tape on it the night before. I also label my drones with the FAA registration number as well as my name and cell phone number."

Yep, I put some tape on, used it a week later to find my drone.

Just wanted to pass on a good idea, I just bought some 3M reflective tape and put some small strips on each side.

So I want to suggest something here I learned from the Drone Racing FPV forum, recommended by Earthman

"If you fly outside, put small pieces of reflective tape on all sides of your drones as they will be easier to find in the woods/weeds after dark with a flashlight. I spent an hour looking for a small quad that went down in the woods and probably walked within 10-ft of it several times without seeing it. I went home and returned with a spotlight, and found it in 30-seconds from 100-ft away because I put reflective tape on it the night before. I also label my drones with the FAA registration number as well as my name and cell phone number."

Yep, I put some tape on, used it a week later to find my drone.

Just wanted to pass on a good idea, I just bought some 3M reflective tape and put some small strips on each side.
Great Idea, thanks. I currently have registration number, name, cell phone number and offer of a $50 reward on each of my drones. I will definitely get some reflective tape to put on sides (even the batteries).

Reactions: Mrmund
Just be mindful that some of the "reflective" tape has metal in it. Double check your compass(es) if you use this stuff...
Good thought. Thanks.

Reactions: SpitFire and Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929