DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goodbye Spark

dwallersv

Reactions
With the latest FW update, there's no reason (in my world of needs/priorities) to keep the Spark. I know I won't bother flying it or hauling it around with me anywhere any more.

Especially with that really nice, compact drone-only case the Air comes with. It's more compact and less clumsy/awkward than the spark. It's more functional and capable. Far far far better imaging.

Spark with flymore package, going on eBay today. PM me if you want a shot at it before I get around to posting the auction.

I'm not... the MP has capability the MA does not. As I said in the OP, however, I can't see what possible value/use my Spark has now.

With the latest FW update, there's no reason (in my world of needs/priorities) to keep the Spark. I know I won't bother flying it or hauling it around with me anywhere any more.

Especially with that really nice, compact drone-only case the Air comes with. It's more compact and less clumsy/awkward than the spark. It's more functional and capable. Far far far better imaging.

Spark with flymore package, going on eBay today. PM me if you want a shot at it before I get around to posting the auction.
Ebay is full of them....expect to get around $400....

I've got a Spark and its not going anywhere. It still fits the need I bought it for. Even though I've not had the Mavic Air long, I just don't see it replacing the Spark. Everything, including the Spark fits in the original foam case it came in. Which in turn easily fits in my back pack and while the MA isn't big either I find the even more compactness of the Spark to be a big plus when traveling by air where they scrutinize carry-on. And when I'm ready to fly, its ready to go. No unfolding, no removing gimbal covers.

Sure the Mavic Air takes better pictures, has a better gimbal, etc.. But for me the Spark still fills a need...

Don't do it!!!!! I'm half-kidding. I've got both and if someone said to me today, choose one to keep it would be the Mavic Pro. IMO, unless you are are really into photography/videography and/or you are big user of Intelligent flight modes, the Mavic Pro has alot more "pros" over the Mavic Air.

I almost feel like I want to trade my Mavic Pro for a Mavic Air, just for the increased portability.

I put my Spark up for sale the moment the Air was announced and I'm glad I did. Now that I have the MA, I see the Spark as totally pointless (for meeting my particular needs). The MA folds up to be much smaller and a more convenient size can be hand launched and caught even easier than the Spark. It also has a massively better image (even 1080 v 1080), a vastly superior gimbal, much greater range, slightly longer battery life, more features and flies better. Now that it seems gesture control can be initiated without the control the Spark really is dust. Granted, the MA costs more so that Spark will still fit those on a lower budget but for me the MA was well worth the upgrade.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Don't do it!!!!! I'm half-kidding. I've got both and if someone said to me today, choose one to keep it would be the Mavic Pro. IMO, unless you are are really into photography/videography and/or you are big user of Intelligent flight modes, the Mavic Pro has alot more "pros" over the Mavic Air.
I would never sell my Mavic Pro for the air. Wow the Pro is so much better at flying the video downlink is pin sharp and distance never lags

I use my Spark for my close by pictures and to fly and have fun and use the Mavic Pro for when I need to get somewhere far away and the Mavic Pro is still fun as soon as you flick into that sports mode as well.

Reactions: sebastianshaw
Have got the Pro, Spark and Mini. Ain't selling any of them. Depends on what you want to do. For the Spark, very reliable, works with CrystalSky, has obstacle avoidance and is much more wind sturdy than the Mini. For long range/4k I use Pro. Low wind and travel I us Spark and Mini. Don't need more drones :)

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair