DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth Flight Planner (FREE)

seccode

Reactions
Hi all,

I created a free Chrome Extension that allows you to make Litchi flight plans from Google Earth. It works by reconstructing positional information from Google Earth internals.

The current functionality is as follows:
- Add Waypoints from current views
- Delete Waypoints
- Download Litchi flight plan
- Download Virtual flight

How to use:
- Add Chrome Extension
- When in Google Earth (web version), click on round "DH" button in top right corner
- Create flight plan from Google Earth views
- Upload flight plan to Litchi (or view as Virtual flight in Google Earth)

I have tested this with several flights and it is accurate. Essentially, any view that you can see/go to in Google Earth, you can add to a flight plan.

Please try it out and let me know what you think. I plan on continuously developing this flight planner and will focus on features that people want. There are a lot of cool features that are already in the works, but I wanted to get this Beta version released for people to try out.

Link:

DroneHub

Reactions: Howard70
Hi all,

I created a free Chrome Extension that allows you to make Litchi flight plans from Google Earth. It works by reconstructing positional information from Google Earth internals.

- Delete Waypoints

How to use:
- Add Chrome Extension
- When in Google Earth (web version), click on round "DH" button in top right corner

I have tested this with several flights and it is accurate. Essentially, any view that you can see/go to in Google Earth, you can add to a flight plan.

Please try it out and let me know what you think. I plan on continuously developing this flight planner and will focus on features that people want. There are a lot of cool features that are already in the works, but I wanted to get this Beta version released for people to try out.

Link:

DroneHub
This looks very interesting. Do you know if it will work on an iPad Pro?

I see this is available on Firefox now.
Can you confirm it's working ok on FF?

Also, can I create a flight plan on Win 10 desktop using Firefox and somehow save it to Litchi?

I see this is available on Firefox now.
Can you confirm it's working ok on FF?

Also, can I create a flight plan on Win 10 desktop using Firefox and somehow save it to Litchi?

That would be nice, because it might then offer a way to use DroneHub with the Mavic Air 2. Litchi doesn't currently work with the MA2, but Maven does ... and the author of Maven told me that he is hoping to incorporate the ability for Maven to import Litchi missions in some upcoming update. So it seems that it might eventially be possible to create a mission using DroneHub with Google Earth in Firefox, export the mission to a Litchi format, and then import the Litchi mission to Maven for use with the MA2. As an MA2 owner, the advantage for me is that Google Earth would provide accurate terrain elevations, and I live on a steep mountainside with lots of high ridges and deep ravines. I currently have to manually compare each waypoint terrain elevation to the elevation of my takeoff point to set a desired height above ground.

That would be nice, because it might then offer a way to use DroneHub with the Mavic Air 2. Litchi doesn't currently work with the MA2, but Maven does ... and the author of Maven told me that he is hoping to incorporate the ability for Maven to import Litchi missions in some upcoming update. So it seems that it might eventially be possible to create a mission using DroneHub with Google Earth in Firefox, export the mission to a Litchi format, and then import the Litchi mission to Maven for use with the MA2. As an MA2 owner, the advantage for me is that Google Earth would provide accurate terrain elevations, and I live on a steep mountainside with lots of high ridges and deep ravines. I currently have to manually compare each waypoint terrain elevation to the elevation of my takeoff point to set a desired height above ground.

Sorry ... I just tried DroneHub within Google Earth on Firefox and find DH to be very glitchy and awkward. It seems to set waypoint height based upon viewing height and the ability to edit a waypoint seems to be non-existent. Pass.

• Sad
Reactions: lilewis
Hi all,

- Delete Waypoints

How to use:
- Add Chrome Extension

Link:

DroneHub
If it works on chrome then I'll try it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS