DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gopro Mount

EssexMavic

Reactions
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good GoPro mount with a 1/4 thread for the Mavic 2? I have a great spot light that fits on a 1/4 thread but can’t find a decent mount.

I’d really like to caution you about the added weight. I have the Mavic Air and purchased via AMAZON.COM the finger mount for GoPro. Made for the MA and fits like a charm. Mount area was almost TDC. Made a few flights with the attachment, but without the GoPro, flew absolutely just fine. Mounted the GP and, on TO, the motors hummed even louder. Noticeable increase of the front dip on forward flight. Right and left turns were more banked as well. In the interest of safety, I no longer use the GP attachment.

If you go forward with the GoPro mounting, I urge you to take baby steps to get used to the added weight. Battery life will be shortened due to additional weight. The aerodynamics will be changed as well. You may also find you might have to use an extension arm, of suitable length to get past the blades view. My most stable flight (with attached GoPro was completed by rigging a mount under. You may have to disable sensors as well.

Keep us advised. Good luck and happy flying.

Thanks for the insight regarding GoPro’s!

What are your thoughts about the OP’s intention of mounting a spotlight via a GPro amount?

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Thanks for the insight regarding GoPro’s!

What are your thoughts about the OP’s intention of mounting a spotlight via a GPro amount?
Yeah, I focused on the GoPro. Kick in the pants for me!

The added weight will still be an issue. Battery type/size/weight. Size of light? Aerodynamics with mounting. Anytime we add anything to the drone, the aerodynamics will be affected. Baby flights in the back yard for starters. Refine, and refine again until satisfied. Why lights? Why not strobes instead? Is the light meant to be for inspection purposes???

We make lighting/accessory mounts for Mavic and Mavic 2

Theye have 1/4 20 and GoPro type mounts included:

Weights:
Triple Mount 80g
Tested Payload Limit 460g (GoPro 8 , prop guards, top camera and Lighting)

The weight is always and issue however, I fly with 350 to 450 gram payload all the time
my flight time is normally 12-15 mins max

I use dual lights and 360 camera all the time (videos are in ebay ad)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth