DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my Mavic Air!

JakeS

Reactions
I got my fly more combo today and have run out to get some test footage to compare to my Mavic Pro. If you have something you want to know specifically or want me to try let me know! I’ll be posting videos for the next few days about it!

Awesome! Mine will be here in the morning!, DJI has done a way better job rolling these out over the Mavic Pro.

Yeah they have I was lucky enough to get the first roll out of the MP but this roll out was MUCH better! I have to say so far I’m impressed with the MA. It handled very cold weather and wind today with ease.

Reactions: Former Member
Congrats. I'm curious if you got the DJI GO4 10 question quiz? I haven't noticed Mavic Air people mentioning it and thought it was presented on each craft, at least that's what I recall when it first came out a few months ago.

Congrats. I'm curious if you got the DJI GO4 10 question quiz? I haven't noticed Mavic Air people mentioning it and thought it was presented on each craft, at least that's what I recall when it first came out a few months ago.

Yes you do and you have to go through it before you get to activate the aircraft.

Yes you do and you have to go through it before you get to activate the aircraft.

Ok, was curious if it had gone away. I skipped it when initiating my two Mavic Pros and then went offline with my mini4, and it hasn't come back for the few minutes I occasionally map cache or upload flight records. I kinda wish I had just gone ahead and done it, I know it will show up at the worst time somehow. LOL

Reactions: JakeS

Yes, performed my maiden flight with new MA and had to go through a firmware update AND dji 10 question quiz for new craft. Amazing machine the Air is, very impressed after one evening flight. More tomorrow for me.

Yes, performed my maiden flight with new MA and had to go through a firmware update AND dji 10 question quiz for new craft. Amazing machine the Air is, very impressed after one evening flight. More tomorrow for me.

Me too. I was impressed with the quality of the footage so far. Most of all I was really impressed with the stability and smoothness of the footage how the craft handled in 15mph winds and a temperature of 2f (-16.5c). I can’t wait to try more tomorrow. I’ll likely do a range test just once as well. I’m editing my footage comparison video now. All done in 4K

DJI has done a way better job rolling these out over the Mavic Pro.
Not to mention the long wait to get the Crystalsky ultra. I waited 6 3/4 months for mine. (27 weeks:confused:)
My Red air arrives Thursday!
;)
My dealer is super cool too. (Florida Drone Supply) He didn't get in any Red FM Combos, they are delayed. But he did get the basic kits in red. So he sent me an email today asking if it would be all right to send me the basic kit now and the other fly more accessories a few days later.
THAT is customer service!!!!
ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Not to mention the long wait to get the Crystalsky ultra. I waited 6 3/4 months for mine. (27 weeks:confused:)
My Red air arrives Thursday!
;)
My dealer is super cool too. (Florida Drone Supply) He didn't get in any Red FM Combos, they are delayed. But he did get the basic kits in red. So he sent me an email today asking if it would be all right to send me the basic kit now and the other fly more accessories a few days later.
THAT is customer service!!!!
ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

I ordered a few items from Florida drone supply and they were top notch. I had them three days later from Florida to Alaska. Great guys for sure!

I got the video together from my first test flight in the cold with wind. There is also some comparison video footage with my MP all in 4K. Over all I’m impressed!

Here is a link to the tread with the video

Mavic Air and Mavic Pro winter footage

Two more two till my Air arrives but I’ve watched so much footage I’m already convinced the Air camera is significantly better than my MP camera. Range doesn’t concern me, small size is a significant advantage too, no props ever in frame are all good

Two more two till my Air arrives but I’ve watched so much footage I’m already convinced the Air camera is significantly better than my MP camera. Range doesn’t concern me, small size is a significant advantage too, no props ever in frame are all good
You still get props in frame. (around the 30 second mark)

Yeah I still would love the MP II to have significantly better camera but if it doesn’t I may just sell my MP and just use this. For my uses it’s great. Ultra portable with excellent quality footage and more than enough range for everything I do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002