DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gps and IMU calibration ?

I have a Mavic mini and a Mavic air 2. When you Calibrate them if you do a firmware upgrade or a refresh does it erase the calibration? and go back factory standards?
You can calibrate your IMU but there's no way anyone can calibrate a GPS receiver.
Perhaps you mean the compass?
Although plenty on the forum will recommend recalibrating things after a firmware update, there really is no need for it at all.

You can calibrate your IMU but there's no way anyone can calibrate a GPS receiver.
Perhaps you mean the compass?
Although plenty on the forum will recommend recalibrating things after a firmware update, there really is no need for it at all.
Wow I am surprise you posted that but I know you are an expert.
Could please explain that because I make sure all of it is done and go thru to check all of my settings every time there is an update.

Wow I am surprise you posted that but I know you are an expert.
Could please explain that because I make sure all of it is done and go thru to check all of my settings every time there is an update.
The explanation is that a firmware update, updates firmware and does nothing else.
It doesn't make any changes to compass or IMU calibration.
I've never recalibrated anything after a firmware update in six years of flying and haven't noticed any problem from that.
DJI don't make any recommendation to do it, it's just one of the myths that crept into the hobby and is very slow to die..

Reactions: eaglesurfing
The explanation is that a firmware update, updates firmware and does nothing else.
It doesn't make any changes to compass or IMU calibration.
I've never recalibrated anything after a firmware update in six years of flying and haven't noticed any problem from that.
DJI don't make any recommendation to do it, it's just one of the myths that crept into the hobby and is very slow to die..
Thanks... There are new members and some that been at it for a long time.
This why the myth lives on because some of us do not know.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark