DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Disconnected Issue (after replacement)

bottlebug

Reactions
Hi all. My first time posting here! My dad recently crashed his Mavic Pro and damaged the gimbal. He wanted me to have a go at fixing it. I'm not a drone owner at all but I have done electronics repairs.

So I managed to replace the gimbal flex cable and it solved that. Unfortunately, I damaged the GPS module connectors as the wires got detached from the module. I decided the remove the white glue on it and resolder the wires back on and that temporarily fixed it. After taking it for a test flight, it kept switching between GPS and ATTI mode, leading me to assume that my soldering work wasn't done properly.

I resoldered it again but this time, the app says the GPS isn't even connected. I gave up on that part and purchased a new replacement GPS module. However, the same error. No GPS and I can't take off. Firmware has been refreshed and tried different batteries.

I'm worried I may have damaged the connector on the main circuit board. Has anyone encountered this situation and has a solution for it?

Would appreciate any advice there is and thanks in advance.

Problem? GPS disconnected

Was unit in a crash? Yes

What have you tried so far? Read above

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone X

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? Latest

Any modification? (if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

former member would really appreciate your insight. My biggest concern is that I may have butchered the soldering job and short-circuited something on the main board. Hoping this isn't the case and that the replacement GPS module is just faulty D:

Your replacement GPS might be faulty. It happened to someone here last week. You can try to buy a different one, and see if it works.

Reactions: Chewbacca
I resoldered it again but this time, the app says the GPS isn't even connected. I gave up on that part and purchased a new replacement GPS module. However, the same error. No GPS and I can't take off. Firmware has been refreshed and tried different batteries.

I'm worried I may have damaged the connector on the main circuit board. Has anyone encountered this situation and has a solution for it?
IT WAS AT THIS MOMENT...BOTTLEBUG KNEW HE EEFF UP

I'm having a similar problem. I'm repairing a Mavic Pro (M1P) that keeps getting the "GPS Disconnected" error. I have tried 3 "Known Good" (meaning they work perfectly in other M1P's) GPS/Compass Modules with the same results. I've tested continuity from the Plug on the main board to the connectors to the main board, all test good. I don't have any other errors except this "GPS Disconnected" error. I've also reset the FW to factory, downgraded to the previous version and then upgraded to the current version with Assistant 2. I've used an iPad Mini and an android tablet to be sure it wasn't the app throwing crap at me. Nothing seems to work.
Has anyone else out there (@Thunderdrones, or anyone) seen this problem or know how to fix it? I'd appreciate any help!
Thanks

Has anyone found a way to disable the GPS completely (by disconnecting it from board) and still fly in non-gps mode? I have the same issue, I will get new part next week but I don't want to be stuck without the drone completely. I'm comfortable flying in ATTI.

I too am having the same issue. I had an “ESC no. 2” error code pop up which ended up being the flight controller (ESC board) so I installed a new one. Well, no more ESC no. 2 error, it was replaced by a “GPS disconnected” message which in turn, grounds the bird. @Wanbli I too have installed 2known, and 1 other,(status unconfirmed) to no joy. I’ll be working on resolving this issue, and will report back once I have. Unless, has anyone had any luck fixing this yet?

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
I too am having the same issue. I had an “ESC no. 2” error code pop up which ended up being the flight controller (ESC board) so I installed a new one. Well, no more ESC no. 2 error, it was replaced by a “GPS disconnected” message which in turn, grounds the bird. @Wanbli I too have installed 2known, and 1 other,(status unconfirmed) to no joy. I’ll be working on resolving this issue, and will report back once I have. Unless, has anyone had any luck fixing this yet?

@Wanbli In your case, I would bet that the ESC board that the GPS module connects into has most likely failed. A new GPS module will be delivered to me and installed tomorrow, in hopes of fixing my issue. However, if I am still getting the “GPS disconnected” error message, I will feel safe to assume that I indeed have a failed flight controller (ESC board). Thankfully, I am able to return the ESC also, since it is new. In either case, I will report back of my findings upon completion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka