DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS slow to connect

LuckyXIIIcapt

Reactions
My drone always starts in vision mode and it takes a while to get in GPS mode. Is it a remote issue?

My drone always starts in vision mode and it takes a while to get in GPS mode. Is it a remote issue?
It starts in vision mode because you don't have GPS and you have the sensors enabled.
That's how it's programmed to work.
How good is your drone's skyview?
Does it have a clear unobstructed view of most of the sky or is its skyview blocked by trees, buildings or other obstacles?

Clear skyline. This is my second air. The other one never took this long. Sometimes I fly for 5 minutes close before GPS kicks in.

Clear skyline. This is my second air. The other one never took this long. Sometimes I fly for 5 minutes close before GPS kicks in.
If it does that regularly with a clear skyline, it sounds like a problem.
If you power it on and acquire GPS, then power off and start again within a few minutes, it should be very quick ... if it's working properly.

if i were you i wouldn’t take off without a gps lock or you might lose your drone someday,i havve three dji drones ph4p2.0 mpp m2p and every once in awhile it takes a few minutes to catch a gps lock but it always does

Im a coward and I never take off without GPS. Mine takes a while also, but I have found that its all about where you are.. Need clear view.

How much time goes by between flights? If there is a large gap, the GPS almanac (downloaded from a single satellite to orient the receiver to all satellites) can take a while to be updated, but even when I’ve gone a month between flights, or the first time I took my new DJI up, it didn’t take more than a minute to get 8 or more satellites. Quick online research tells me that theoretically it can take 12 minutes to update the almanac if you haven’t used it in a while, but that seems really extreme, and I’d assume it would be in the rare situation where you connect on the back end of the transmission and are unlucky enough to have very few satellites with good signals,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason