DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Great Lighting last night

maggior

Reactions
The weather has been gorgeous the past couple of days so I got out with my drone at golden hour. I especially enjoyed editing the straight down shot of the community garden.

Perhaps it's a matter of personal taste, but do these photos seem dark? I tend to dial back the brightness because I don't like when photos look washed out. When I'm editing I like the look but when I post them they strike me as dark. Maybe I'm just a dark person :D.

Black Oak Clubhouse.jpgCommunity Garden.jpgGolf Course Pond.jpgLandscape Palmer Park_Vignette.jpg

They do look underexposed.

The geometry and color in that garden shot are very nice. That's a subject that deserves some more attention.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind the next time I edit photos or video.

On the garden shot, I dialed back the saturation slightly on the grass on the side and dialed up the saturation slightly on the gardens. It made the gardens pop more.

Reactions: MS Coast
You might consider using AEB (auto exposure bracketing) which will give you not only more dynamic range but better flexibility in the editing process. Also, incase you don't already know, RAW format is much better to work with and gives more latitude to boost exposure in editing as well.

Reactions: maggior
You might consider using AEB (auto exposure bracketing) which will give you not only more dynamic range but better flexibility in the editing process. Also, incase you don't already know, RAW format is much better to work with and gives more latitude to boost exposure in editing as well.

That's a good suggestion. On the landscape shot I did use 2 shots from an AEB shot. RAW is my next thing to tackle. I dabbled with it a bit but was confused.

I adjusted the exposure on these. Better I think. The first shots look like they came from the show Ozark.

Black Oak Clubhouse_ExposureFixed.jpgCommunity Garden_ExposureFixed.jpgGolf Course Pond_ExposureFixed.jpgLandscape Palmer Park_Vignette_exposureFixed.jpg

@Rich...
I took the liberty of playing with your photos a bit and (FIXED MORE). Hope you don't mind. Of course there would still be more to do, but this was a quick 2 minute effort.

Attachments

• Black Oak Clubhouse_ExposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    Black Oak Clubhouse_ExposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 9
  • Golf Course Pond_ExposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    Golf Course Pond_ExposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Landscape Palmer Park_Vignette_exposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    Landscape Palmer Park_Vignette_exposureFixed_FIXED_MORE.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals