DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greater pano options?

wco81

Reactions
Been using the pano modes all the time with my M2P using the DJI Go 4 app.

Biggest issues are that 360 panos often fail to switch in LightRoom Classic. I suspect the reason is, there are shots of dark water, that is I take the near a coastline but the further the camera is pointed away from the coast, the darker the water is, and maybe the stitching software in LRC can't merge them. Usually the error is like 8 or 10 of the 26 shots can't be merged.

360 panos would be nice to have but they are secondary for me compared to the 180 panos. I take a bunch of them at different elevations and locations and the results sometimes are too similar to have been worth the time to capture them.

So do Lichti or any of these third-party apps have different pano modes than DJI Go 4? Or even better, do they have configurable panos?

The 180 degree pano in DJI Go 4 are 21 shots or 7 columns by 3 rows. A lot of the times 4 x 3 or 5 x 2 or some other combination would result in better panos for certain landscapes.

I know, I can try to do it manually but I think an automated mode will always be far more efficient than doing turns and tilts manually. At least I'd be willing to invest in one of these 3rd-party controller apps if people are finding them more useful or configurable for panos, leading to better results.

I would also imagine that automated modes will organize the pano shots better on the memory card rather than just have one large directory of single shots. If I'm doing panos of different sizes, it may not always be apparent how many shots I captured in each pano set.

It would be even better if DJI had configurable panos in their own apps but it appears I will have to look elsewhere.

...So do Lichti or any of these third-party apps have different pano modes than DJI Go 4? Or even better, do they have configurable panos?
Yeah ... Litchi have a configurable Pano mode, haven't experimenting with it though.

Check this to see if it is what you have in mind --> Help - Litchi

OK Litchi does have a lot of options that sound interesting.

After reading that User Guide and seeing some other posts, a couple more questions.

1. Is the Auto Pano mode configurable? Says it will do 360 but can you set it to a custom pano mode?

2. I've heard if you let Litchi stitch, it won't save RAW files, only JPEGs? I mean the individual shots, not the stitched file. I'd still like the option to stitch in post with Lightroom or other desktop stitching software.

BTW, apparently they have no way to contact support. You can't DM them in Twitter so apparently you have to register and post in their forum and hope you get good info?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU