DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greeneville TN

Hi TN Ray.

I'm in Greeneville, TN as well. Been flying R/C for many years, but the Mavic is pretty new to me. I've had it a few weeks now.

Previously I've been flying FPV fixed wing and racing quads. I've also got quite a few hours in on a 450 size APM build quad, which led me to purchase the Mavic.

Where are you flying in this area? I've been flying behind Greene Valley Development Center, but when I was there last weekend it looks like the field is now being planted with soy. Not sure if we should be flying there anymore with the shutdown of the development center. We previously had permission of the land owners, but I'm not sure who the land is going to at this point.

Last edited:
Funny we haven't met through friends!! I've had many r/c planes and helis back when they were difficult, but recently had a Phantom 3 Pro and got the Mavic 2 months ago. Love it! I live very close to Tusculum College so fly around the area mostly. Today I'm going to Roan Mtn to video the Rhododendrons and area. Maybe we should get together sometime and compare notes!! I'm home most of the time, let me know if/when you'd be interested!! Ray

Confirmation on losing the GVDC field. I was there this past weekend, and security stopped by. This is pretty normal actually, as security used to always swing by and watch us fly. This time however, he told me that they would be installing gates and the area would be off limits to the public. Nice gentleman ... told me to continue flying out my batteries for the day, but that it would be my last flights at that location. I didn't push it, and just finished out the one battery.

I'm game for flying sometime, assuming we can find somewhere to fly! Not as big of a deal with the Mavic's as you generally are shooting for the video/photos, but the planes and race quads require a bit of room.

I'm free most evenings during the week, and most weekends. Do you use Facebook? May be easier to coordinate that way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya