DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greeting from South Africa

BjornBehr

Reactions
I am a new drone owner from South Africa
Currently have a Mini and Tello

I am using the Tello to learn to fly and with the Mini I would like to expand my photography horizons once I have found my "wings"

I hope to learn from you guys :)

f1a883af-8094-4260-9b9b-4473b90122dd.jpg9423a38f-5b8b-41f5-af59-819b1cbfff09.jpg

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Plenty to learn here! Nice sunset image with your Tello!;)

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

The Mini was a good choice.
Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a reasonably good camera. The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't fly as well in wind as well as the heavier drones. On windy days, it’s best to fly upwind so that you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of fun stuff to shoot all over RSA. When you have questions, there are over 100,000 of us here to help you be a better pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Happy flying!

Hi Bjorn. Welcome. I have also just joined the forum. I am in Pietermaritizburg , whereabouts are you? I have been flying a Spark for the past 2 years but am moving to a Mavic pro platinum for the better quality video and especially the extra range. Hope to see more of you.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Hi Bjorn. Welcome. I have also just joined the forum. I am in Pietermaritizburg , whereabouts are you? I have been flying a Spark for the past 2 years but am moving to a Mavic pro platinum for the better quality video and especially the extra range. Hope to see more of you.
I am in PTA / Centurion. I hope this picks up nicely for me (as a hobby) then there will def be more of me around.
How is flying in PMB? Do you do it professionally?

Reactions: mrjohnc1
I am in PTA / Centurion. I hope this picks up nicely for me (as a hobby) then there will def be more of me around.
How is flying in PMB? Do you do it professionally?
Nope . Just for loads of fun and some awesome pics and videos. Drones give you a totally new perspective of things. PMB is quite tight because where I am is on a airport glidepath so I am in a height restricted area. Outside of PMB we have some really beautiful areas where there are no restrictions which is very cool. I do not know much about the Mini but I see there have been a number of posts of the drone battling with winds so be very aware of that. I flew my Spark once in the berg and took off behind the protection of a house but once I went higher than the roof the wind just took it and parked it 10 meters up a gumtree half a click away.Took me 3 hours to get it down! Scary feeling as you have virtually no control at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54