DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had my first major crash today :(, I have a few questions

ephan

Reactions
1610303734032.png
I was (stupidly in hindsight) trying to take pictures of this cool ball with a tail that we were throwing in the air, and guess what? The ball hit the drone. It snapped this arm, but luckily I was flying low over a soft grassy field, so the arm seems to be the only thing damaged. Is there anything else I should check to make sure it's ok? Is this a good deal for a replacement arm, for $27? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance and I hope I can get out flying again soon!

Good thing you recovered your drone.

Im sure another member will lay down their expertise, but as usual after a crash thoroughly inspect the AC, afterwards turn it on and look for any error messages. If all good then try hovering and testing the camera to see if has complete range of motion, etc.

Yeah, that's about the right price.
Watch some repair videos first and know what tools you will need.

Get or borrow a decent soldering iron if possible.. And I recommend a set of tweezers when you de-solder and re-solder the wires to maintain control. Flux will make a much better solder joint.

Reactions: ldallara-air2
Something else to consider...usually the best repair would be to replace the whole arm, BUT sometimes gluing the arm together (SuperGlue) may be a better choice, if you're not comfortable with a soldering iron.

Whatever you choose to do, spend some time at YouTube - TONS of stuff about using and repairing drones.

BTW, that black piece to the right of the broken arm just snaps back into the bottom of the motor housing, assuming it's not damaged. It looks like you have a Mavic Air (original), which is what I have.

Good luck!

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Do a full calibration of the IMU , Compass and gimbal before you put your bird in the air again . Whats this ball with a tail ? Must have been moving at some rate to break the arm of your quad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas