DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had this idea: the simplest possible piloting, the simplest possible editing.

zxcflyer

Reactions
When I saw this hillside with a variety of trees and vegetation I had this idea that a simple flight over it would be the best way to show it to others and make it interesting.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. That group of deciduous trees towards the top without leaves and the sun shining on them was my favorite bit. Thanks for sharing.

When I saw this hillside with a variety of trees and vegetation I had this idea that a simple flight over it would be the best way to show it to others and make it interesting.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am really sorry to disagree but this is extremely boring after about a minute or less.Doesn't tell a story, or vary in any way from the beginning to the end, and the color correction is absent. I did not finish the video. This was a good practice run but not for distribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Would have been great if it wrapped up following a herd of "Wild Horses". Now that would have been exciting!!

Thanks for sharing.

I am really sorry to disagree but this is extremely boring after about a minute or less.Doesn't tell a story, or vary in any way from the beginning to the end, and the color correction is absent. I did not finish the video. This was a good practice run but not for distribution.
This is reality, and not the most ordinary kind. Are you bored? Color correction as a requirement? Attention span under a minute? Dear man, seriously technicaly flawed videos are not appropriate for distribution. This is a whole different matter.

• Haha
Sorry you took this critique so badly. It was seriously not interesting.

Sorry, but I agree with Dale. It was boring. I have I2 and Mavic mini and I KNOW what good footage looks like. Maybe you should fly over the hill in different angles and directions.

I am not going to comment further on this because I need to go outside right now and watch my grass grow.

Last edited:
I am not going to comment further on this because I need to go outside right now and watch my grass grow.
Hey Dale. Wear a mask if you go outside. If you don't want to do that, you could always paint a wall with some old paint you have in the closet (we all know you have some!) and then sit and watch it dry. You don't need to get a mask for that! ?

He is going to his backyard. He doesnt need one.
Ok Guys and gals- sorry this conversation has deteriorated. My comments did not mean to be mean spirited in any way. We are all on this forum to learn. I have commented often in this forum about my preferences in videos, which generally indicate a video short enough to be enjoyable and not boring. It is generally agreed that such a video would be anywhere from 1-3 minutes, or longer if really critical for a scene. The video needs to have some variations, such as different views, maneuvers, directions. The video needs editing and color correction and music.
Just putting our drone up in the air and pushing the right stick forward for 3 minutes is not interesting to us, requires practically no skills at all, and in my opinion is mainly for practice.

If the submitter of this video is offended by the comment, then I guess there is nothing more to say. Bye now, I'm going back to watch my grass grow, and my paint to dry.

Apropos of my comments, here is my VIMEO report for the week. It just now came into my e-mail. It shows 58 finishes out of 90 views, and an average of 55 seconds watched. I have attached the report. This just reinforces my comments that 58/90 viewers usually do not finish the clip, and spend less than a minute viewing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.07.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.07.34 PM.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 7
Patience is a virtue. Slow-paced and unsophisticated videos are very popular too. Some of them require considerable skill, knowing how to push the sticks and where to make the cut, perhaps the only one. We have seen stunning comercial-like drone videos, but they are not going to force the other ones out of distribution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trekfrk