DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hantorra charger has a battery storage capability but what if....

mavictk

Reactions
I have a Hantorra battery charging station for my Air 2S. The Hantorra has a storage mode capability which auto discharges the battery to a storage level.

Questions:
1. To get the Hantorra into storage mode I have to plug it in, wait for the red light to come on and then depress a button to get the blue battery storage capability to enable. What happens if there is a power outage? The Hantorra comes back on in battery charging mode which makes me think I cannot leave them in the Hantorra after discharge?
2. If I put some batteries at a 30% charge into the Hantorra, while it is in storage mode, will the batteries charge to an optimal storage level or do nothing. Is there a slight charge applied to keep the batteries from going to zero over the long term? Maybe the Hantorra was designed so that the batteries are not to be left in the charger thereby making this question moot.

The batteries of the Air 2s has self-discharging built in. I wouldn't use a charging device for that purpose.

Reactions: mavictk
The Hanatora is a great battery maintenance device. I use the discharge and storage mode a lot. It is recommended that you every 3-4 months discharge the battery until it shuts off, then fully charge it again. This is good for battery health.
The storage mode function will discharge or charge the battery to around 50-60%, which is optimal for longer storage.

Reactions: mavictk
What happens if there is a power outage? The Hantorra comes back on in battery charging mode which makes me think I cannot leave them in the Hantorra after discharge?
You should never charge (or discharge) a high-energy LiPo battery unattended. If there is a power outage just unplug the charger and restart when the power is back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archistrong