DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Happy New year to you all and your families.

Sharky05

Reactions
I hope that someone might be able to help me with the following question. I was wondering if it would be possible to cash photos and videos to the I pad air while flying the mavic 2 Pro. I know that the I pad does not have a sd card in it as it does not have a slot or the facility for it. If memory serves me correct I'm sure there was a setting somewhere that I can't find to use for cashing photos and videos to a phone and the sd card on the drone itself.

Cheers for that.
Johann

Hello Johann.
You can cache the video to your device by switching it on.

96CB3A7A-FA39-4A76-AD65-25625FB61C6C.jpeg

The cache is poor quality and should be used as reference and not shared.

If you want to transfer photos / video to your phone, select the play button under the shutter button, you’ll see all of the content you captured and select download for which ones you want.

648A1809-65E5-4A87-8152-C06267BD1889.jpeg

I’ll usually do this after a flight while the aircraft is setting powered up using what battery is left.

Another way is to purchase a card reading device that plugs into the phone.

This is the one I have for the mini 4.

Johann, I trust you realize that the images/videos cached on the tablet are not as high a resolution as those stored on the SD card in the aircraft, yes? They're not meant to be full quality photo / video.

If you need more storage, a bigger SD card (or more than one) is the best thing to do. Using the cache images are last resort only.

Chris

The M2 has internal storage but only 8gb worth. Even at 1080p that will fill up quick. You'll need a PC to manage the files in internal storage by connecting AC to PC via USB.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it very much. I was just curious to see my videos on the i pad after I flew the drone just to see what it looks like. I had my first ever long flight on the day and curiosity got the best of me to have a look at the video I made while flying to have a look at it without having to connect everything to the drone again or to remove the sd card from the drone. I've been following a lot of threads on the forum and seen the comments about the quality of the cashed video and photos being less. Thanks again for your help and support and hope you have a wonderful day.

Johann

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22