DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard case recommendation for Air 3

davedrone 178

Reactions
I noticed on Amazon that hard cases for our Air 3s won't be available for about 10 days. So I ordered a FVPtosky case for the DJI Mavic 3 that my new Air 3 fits in perfectly. This is a $100 case on sale for just $55, which includes sales tax. The drone, batteries, and controller fit perfectly. I made a slight alteration to get the big charging hub to fit
perfectly. This case is heavy duty and works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
I see a number of OG Mavic 3 cases on sale now that manufacturers made new inserts with additional space for Mavic 3 Pro's camera module. They can just make those and include a small foam piece for buyers with Mavic 3. I'm getting ready to part with the Mavic 3 since I have the Pro and Air 3 and... lets just say "others" lol. Personally I only use hard cases for storage- I like to pack super light for when I have to lug a drone any distance. Amazing they used the same new Mavic 3 Pro Bag for Air 3. Love that it doesn't have a huge, unstructured, uncompartmented floppy soft birth sack, with straps, buckles, and yet another pouch to hold all the "knapsack/backpack" stuff all so I csn "carry my jacket" with me. That overengineered ridiculous thing added nearly $300 to Mavic 3 Fly More. I don't need a pouch to carry a bag to carry a jacket, thanks very much. One of those wow ideas at first look that are good until you use it. The new bag is near perfect for Air 3, and perhaps 25% too small for Mavic 3 Pro.

I really like Nanuk hard cases, they do not have an Air 3 foam insert yet for their 925 model but I found a few of the 925 Mavic 2 Pro/zoom + smart controller case on Amazon for up to half off. So with just little modifying too fit the battery hub and a small expansion of the drone compartment it works out great
First image is the way it comes second is my case modified(25 old case.jpg
New 925 case.jpg

I wish someone would design a multiple drone hard case. It would probably need to be stacked, on wheels with a handle like a piece of luggage. It would be nice to have 3 drones in one case.
I've seen some folks take a rifle case and modify it to hold several drones, batteries, etc. I was actually pricing them online when I realized the sight of a guy carrying a rifle case in public is not the best image. Going to get lots of nervous attention and a visit from the cops...

Says they are all gone. Got a link?
I like the Nanuk cases too primarily due to the latch being so easy to unlock. I was looking for one the Air 3 and waited for a couple of weeks. Then a case from YETEETH showed up on Amazon and bought that instead. It has a very nice layout with extra battery cutouts and a large cutout for just about anything.

I have a Lykus hard case for my Avata and really like it, so I emailed their support on July 26th asking about an Air 3 case. They replied July 27th and said it was almost ready for sale, and that they would let me know. Sure enough, on Aug 17th I got another email saying it was ready for purchase from their website. I ordered one and it should arrive next week.

Nanuk wrote back to me that they will have an Air 3 case layout in a few months

Months?!?!!?

That's almost enough for me to rule them out simply on account of their lazy engineering staff.

Put down the ping pong paddles, guys!

Reactions: thispilothere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas