DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hardware malfunction on Mavic 2 Pro

Gat994

Reactions
This is my first post although, I’ve been watching the forums for a long time and am an experienced P3p user.

I’ve just bought a Mavic 2 Pro and it’s amazing - or rather, it was!

After 6 flights, it’s shown a hardware malfunction error - rear left vision sensor - 240. It wasn’t crashed or mal-handled so I’m at a loss as to how this has happened

It’s saying that a return to DJI is what I have to do...

So, I have 2 questions, please...how quick is the turnaround when you have DJI Care Refresh & do DJI charge for a hardware malfunction when you have Care Refresh?

Thanks in advance C36C151D-5187-4112-800E-DBBA1515B96F.jpeg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
This is my first post although, I’ve been watching the forums for a long time and am an experienced P3p user.

After 6 flights, it’s shown a hardware malfunction error - rear left vision sensor - 240. It wasn’t crashed or mal-handled so I’m at a loss as to how this has happened

So, I have 2 questions, please...how quick is the turnaround when you have DJI Care Refresh & do DJI charge for a hardware malfunction when you have Care Refresh?

Thanks in advance View attachment 60013

Should be covered under warranty as you know.
Regarding turn around time, this is subject to many variables. Get the device shipped and ensure it is packaged properly. All this can be done online on the DJI web site. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum![emoji16]

Since it’s brand new and under warranty you should return it to DJI. It stinks that you are having an issue with it. Good luck![emoji16]

Just a shot in the dark, which probably wont help anyway, but did you try to calibrate the sensors?
Yes - tried that and when I got to doing the rear sensors, the left one failed to display a picture on the monitor - confirming my fear that it is a hardware issue rather than a software one! My old P3p was and still is a sturdy bird - hope this is just a bad unit

Yes - tried that and when I got to doing the rear sensors, the left one failed to display a picture on the monitor - confirming my fear that it is a hardware issue rather than a software one! My old P3p was and still is a sturdy bird - hope this is just a bad unit

I fixed a few dozen, and this is the first case Ive heard of a sensor going DOA inside the warranty period. Sorry the M2 got off on the wrong foot. Glad your able to return it.

I fixed a few dozen, and this is the first case Ive heard of a sensor going DOA inside the warranty period. Sorry the M2 got off on the wrong foot. Glad your able to return it.
Thank you for your kind words - just so I’m sure though - I guess that this is a pure warranty issue rather than a reason to claim on DJI Refresh Care which I did take out but am not wanting to fork out the £99 for a replacement unit!

Forgot to say that I was sorry to see this happen to you. At least it wasn't flying at the time. All of my DJI drones have been top notch so this can happen from time to time considering the amout of units that are manufactured. Probably a "Friday drone" (AKA a Friday car at the factory).

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thank you for your kind words - just so I’m sure though - I guess that this is a pure warranty issue rather than a reason to claim on DJI Refresh Care which I did take out but am not wanting to fork out the £99 for a replacement unit!
It's a warranty issue 100% sure. Don't fork out any money including return shipping.

Did you buy it directly from DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark