DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

has anyone else had this happen?

wonkaman

Reactions
i recently picked up a mavic mini on the 16th of April i had flown it for nearly 2 weeks with no issue only having calibrated the compass a few times and the imu once since unboxing. however today upon take off i noticed a significant lag in the control response time anywhere from 15-30 seconds. and the drone was only around 10 ft from me so i know it wasnt a signal interference issue.
i would push forward on the joystick and nothing would happened, then about 15 seconds later it seemed all my inputs were finally received and the drone would start moving on its own. this occured even after resetting the drone im curious is this due to the fact that my compass and imu need to be calibrated once more? the app has not suggested that any calibrations are needed which i thought were the only times that these calibrations needed to take place. thank you in advance for any suggestions you may provide.

i would push forward on the joystick and nothing would happened, then about 15 seconds later it seemed all my inputs were finally received and the drone would start moving on its own. this occured even after resetting the drone im curious is this due to the fact that my compass and imu need to be calibrated once more? the app has not suggested that any calibrations are needed which i thought were the only times that these calibrations needed to take place. thank you in advance for any suggestions you may provide.
It had nothing to do with your compass or IMU.
Neither has the ability to cause that and it's unlikely that your Mini needed recalibrating compass and IMU in the first place.

You would have to supply recorded flight data for anyone to be able to have any idea what the actual issue might have been.

Last edited:
that's very strange because after i posted this question i took it out, recalibrated the compass and imu, and then flew through a full 3 batteries without experiencing the issue. hmmm thanks for the reply and suggestion though i will definitely send in my flight data now and see if that helps me find the source of the issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ