DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone Upgraded from a MA2 to MA2S using the Smart Controller?

I have a Mavic Air 2 and fly it using a Smart Controller. I really want to Upgrade to a Air 2S but I am unsure what I need to do to the Smart Controller to be able to use it with the 2S. Has anyone made this upgrade? Can you tell me what it would take? Before I buy the 2S I want to confirm it will work with my Smart Controller.
I have a smart controller and fly my M2P, Air2, and Air2s with it. They all work as expected. When booting the SC will ask to “connect” and if an unrecognized drone is on but not linked it will have you choose the type of drone (Air 2 or Air 2S ) and will ask you to initiate linking. Linking is done by holding the drone battery button for about six seconds. A Response beep signals they are linked and you start your preflight. Works well. Enjoy

I have a Mavic Air 2 and fly it using a Smart Controller. I really want to Upgrade to a Air 2S but I am unsure what I need to do to the Smart Controller to be able to use it with the 2S. Has anyone made this upgrade? Can you tell me what it would take? Before I buy the 2S I want to confirm it will work with my Smart Controller.
Hi Nodak7.... I have both the Air 2 and the Air 2s on my smart controller. It was actually very easy to add the drone to the controller. I now have the option to use either one when I fly but now I use the Air 2s since it's 1000% better than my Air 2. As for how I added the drone to the smart controller, I had to hook up the first basic controller to the Air 2s and update the firmware to the Air 2s drone. That was a pain in the ***. After I did that, I added the Air 2s to the smart controller just like I added the Air 2 to the smart controller and now it works with both drones. It's pretty simple and straight forward. If you have any specific questions, let me know....

Reactions: Xitor
I'm glad they added some OLED display to the remote (because fairly good, small OLED displays should just add about twelve dollars to the price but they prevent you dropping your phone like sometimes happens if the phone mount is not secure.)
But I am scared that it will be so locked-down that you have to take it apart to hook up electrodes to the microprocessors just to get Litchi. Is it that bad, or will they let you use software to get waypath support from Litchi?
I hate to take apart electric devices to hook up leads to stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS