DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have a couple hours under me now

jeffdixon03

Reactions
Brand new pilot here and I love flying this MP. Have a couple questions to make things easier for me. First, what is the proper boot up order to ensure communication between the controller, iPad, and drone? Second, if I kill wifi on the iPad and make sure the drone is set to RC, the communication between the drone and my iPad stops. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Brand new pilot here and I love flying this MP. Have a couple questions to make things easier for me. First, what is the proper boot up order to ensure communication between the controller, iPad, and drone? Second, if I kill wifi on the iPad and make sure the drone is set to RC, the communication between the drone and my iPad stops. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Pictures? History? Okay then, just breathe! The order is not an absolute however many choose to start the controller and the monitor device and then start the craft!

Killing the Wi-Fi is fine actually because it will stop erroneous interference into your session with go and drone

Reactions: jeffdixon03
"Second, if I kill wifi on the iPad and make sure the drone is set to RC, the communication between the drone and my iPad stops. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance."

Just plug a usb cable from the controller to the Ipad. Comm restored.

Will give that a shot later today. Still learning things. Love the option to follow a vehicle. If you had one thing to recommended to a new user to try, what would it be?

...Have a couple questions to make things easier for me. First, what is the proper boot up order to ensure communication between the controller, iPad, and drone?...
I turn on the RC first and Mavic second before I even take my tablet out of the case. Then, by the time I have the tablet mounted, turned on, and plugged into the RC USB port the Mavic has detected enough satellites to be in GPS mode.
...Second, if I kill wifi on the iPad and make sure the drone is set to RC, the communication between the drone and my iPad stops. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Is there communication between the Mavic and the RC? Do you do have the iPad plugged into the RC? If using the center USB port on the RC make sure the small cable is not plugged into the side of the RC.
...If you had one thing to recommended to a new user to try, what would it be?
I recommend flying without using your iPad. Have it connected and insure that RTH is set correctly but when you get airborne just fly it without looking at the display. This will teach you stick control.

As far as the special modes are concerned, I recommend watching crash videos. The majority of them are from using the automatic modes and will show you the mistakes to avoid. Test the RTH function and become familiar with the cancel button.

Reactions: ToddR
Also, really learn to understand the map functions, and the little "radar" map. If you get lost, and lose gps, you wi;ll be flying in ATTI mode, and you will need to fly the AC back using that little map "thingy"....

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b