DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have any of you used a Smart Controller/ RC Pro handlebar mount?

Coskier

Reactions
Was looking at someones M3 Active Tracking test video on YouTube last night and they were using some kind of handlebar mount for the RC. Got a link from him to it on Amazon, and then started searching to see if there is one for the Smart Controller. Looks like there is - https://amzn.to/3yuxXi3

Have any of you used one of these? Thinking it could be really useful to do some tracking/ flying while I am riding my mountain bike. I need to measure the centers for the holes on the bottom of the SC and the RCP to make sure they are the same. But quite excited at the prospect of being able to do this...

31xq7ZoAhFL._AC_.jpg
418sadaYaSL._AC_.jpg

Reactions: smfry60
Well... putting some shakes & bumps on that setup must be the quickest way to ruin that controller, if you're lucky the mount will slip on the handlebar pretty fast & leaving the controller pointing straight down saving it from breaking.

I do wonder how much stress the threaded holes underneath can take. Just compared the SC to the RCP. The holes are different by about 1/8“

After some of the recent videos showing that the Mavic 3 is not infallible while using Active Track I would be extra careful, plus the RC Pro is so expensive I wouldn't risk putting it on handlebars, vibrations could have an adverse effect, the risks are too great for the total price of the hardware involved, just enjoy the manual flying capabilities of the drone until they iron out the bugs in the "updated" firmware.

Reactions: Coskier
A cool idea, but here in China, with the cray-cray driving and people constantly on their phones and not paying a bit of attention to what they are doing, it would be a death wish to use one of these on my bike. Great idea though, particularly if you tend to be like me and never let the drone out of your sight.

Be well,

Mark

Was looking at someones M3 Active Tracking test video on YouTube last night and they were using some kind of handlebar mount for the RC. Got a link from him to it on Amazon, and then started searching to see if there is one for the Smart Controller. Looks like there is - https://amzn.to/3yuxXi3

Have any of you used one of these? Thinking it could be really useful to do some tracking/ flying while I am riding my mountain bike. I need to measure the centers for the holes on the bottom of the SC and the RCP to make sure they are the same. But quite excited at the prospect of being able to do this...

31xq7ZoAhFL._AC_.jpg
418sadaYaSL._AC_.jpg
Looking for something similar for my motorcycle..

I do wonder how much stress the threaded holes underneath can take. Just compared the SC to the RCP. The holes are different by about 1/8“
The holes from the sticks are different but the bottom holes are the same.

The distance between them is different. The mount in question has specific hole locations for the SC, and the RCPro hole locations are closer together by about 1/8" - or just enough to not work with SC compatible things.

Reactions: zeusfl
I ordered the GPC Smart Controller Lanyard Bracket with the M3C case, then read about the difference in spacing on the RC Pro controller.

I figured I would have to send it back, but when it arrived, they had already modified it with slotted screw holes, and it now shows on their website as a Universal Lanyard Bracket.

Reactions: Coskier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom