DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having issues with Video Quality - choppy playback, banding

The flutter is definitely the result of lens flare, and will manifistate itself when the sun is in front of the lens. I’ve experienced the same problem with my Magic Pro. In an effort to minimize the effect, I purchased one of the accessory lens shades, but encountered severe vignetting as a result. I should have known better (-In my youth, I supported myself for several years as a professional photographer).

While a lens shade will be very effective with “normal” and telephoto lens’, it will do very little (-if anything) for a wide angle lens. That’s why the lens shades made for the Pro won’t work (You can have my old one that’s growing dust in the closet if you want). It’s just one of the limitations that you’ll have to work around.

On another note, I noticed that your gimble settings on the horizontal axis are a little “touchy”. You can adjust that so that your panning will be smoother.

The flutter, if I understand your term correctly, is actually prop shadow strobeing into the camera and interacting with the shutter speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots