DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having Trouble Changing Filters? Try This...

LD, this is a great tip to those struggling with these filters.

Certainly I'm lucky to have full dexterity at 34 and all willing, I'll have it for years to come.

The thing that helped me the most was inward pressure, that is to say, press the filter into the camera body then rotate. I do this with the tip of my thumb and the second knuckle of my index finger. This compresses the detent and allows much easier rotation.

Beyond those that may suffer impaired dexterity due to a life of doing what needs to be done, thank you, another benefit of your grippers is that they will keep skin oils off the filters as long as they are kept clean, which is not a trivial benefit.

Great post, thanks for sharing your experience and solution.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
LD, this is a great tip to those struggling with these filters.

Certainly I'm lucky to have full dexterity at 34 and all willing, I'll have it for years to come.

The thing that helped me the most was inward pressure, that is to say, press the filter into the camera body then rotate. I do this with the tip of my thumb and the second knuckle of my index finger. This compresses the detent and allows much easier rotation.

Beyond those that may suffer impaired dexterity due to a life of doing what needs to be done, thank you, another benefit of your grippers is that they will keep skin oils off the filters as long as they are kept clean, which is not a trivial benefit.

Great post, thanks for sharing your experience and solution.

No problem. Maybe it's a technique thing but it's extra fiddly in my opinion. My finger condoms do the trick!

Loved your suggestion and video.

I'm not sure why my wife giggled and said we should try those... LMFAO

SEMPER FI BROTHER!!!

Great idea! I can’t tell from the video, but is that a ND filter you are using or the stock lens cover that came with the M2P? I find the later quite easy to take off and put on.

Ray Jay

Last edited:
Good idea. I’ve been using nitrile gloves to avoid touching the filters, but they do slip sometimes. This is a delicate operation. BTW, I went with the Freewell filters and so far so good. Gonna try this, thanks for the demo. And thank you for your service.

Received my Freewell filters this past week. Taking the filter off was easy. However, putting it on was more difficult. As Trees138 mention, use a slight inward pressure and they will mount easily. Also be aware that there are three round pins and one rectangular pin to fit in the slots. So make sure you have ithe rectangular pin lined up or it will not go on, pressure or not.

Reactions: Ray Jay
Received my Freewell filters this past week. Taking the filter off was easy. However, putting it on was more difficult. As Trees138 mention, use a slight inward pressure and they will mount easily. Also be aware that there are three round pins and one rectangular pin to fit in the slots. So make sure you have ithe rectangular pin lined up or it will not go on, pressure or not.

Interesting. Didn’t notice that. Thanks.

Great idea! I can’t tell from the video, but is that a ND filter you are using or the stock lens cover that came with the M2P? I find the later quite easy to take off and put on.

Ray Jay

It's a DJI ND filter. I didn't bother using a different one because it doesn't matter. I just find it fiddly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz