DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI and what kind of monitor

beeflyin

Reactions
Trying to read the previous threads, but what kind of monitor can you use in the field to display what you're seeing on the SC as you fly? Using for research, and need to have others viewing hte bigger screen, but not sure what kind of monitor to get. Apparently HDMI doesn't work with ipad mini. Will it only work with TV's?

Trying to read the previous threads, but what kind of monitor can you use in the field to display what you're seeing on the SC as you fly? Using for research, and need to have others viewing hte bigger screen, but not sure what kind of monitor to get. Apparently HDMI doesn't work with ipad mini. Will it only work with TV's?
Your best bet is to use a field monitor. These typically provide 1000 nits or more for brightness (twice as bright as an iPad). These monitors also have features for setting the correct exposure (histogram, zebra, focus peeking) and to zoom in. Additionally, some are able to record the video from the hdmi input, but seeing how the video feed from the drone is only 1080 or 720 you're better off to use what's on the micro SD card.

The brightest monitor currently on the market is the very affordable FeelWorld monitor and specifically the 729S model from Feelworld, I believe. It has a 2,200nits bright screen and can be connected via the HDMI port on the SC. I use one and they sell for about $235 and many sources including B&H sell them. You can use a very inexpensive standard Sony battery for power too. There is nothing else out there as bright, light weight and affordable as this Monitor. Feelworld make a number of monitors so be sure you are looking at the correct model that has the 2,200nits screen if you go searching for one.

Anything with an HDMI input should work. You do need to enable the HDMI output on the Smart Controller as well.

The brightest monitor currently on the market is the very affordable FeelWorld monitor and specifically the 729S model from Feelworld, I believe. It has a 2,200nits bright screen and can be connected via the HDMI port on the SC. I use one and they sell for about $235 and many sources including B&H sell them. You can use a very inexpensive standard Sony battery for power too. There is nothing else out there as bright, light weight and affordable as this Monitor. Feelworld make a number of monitors so be sure you are looking at the correct model that has the 2,200nits screen if you go searching for one.
Yes, I have the earlier version, which isn’t touchscreen, but bright it is!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike