DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDR shots with the Mavic 2

Maviac

Reactions
My apologies if this has been asked - and I’ve reviewed the manual and the comments here and haven’t found an answer:

Is there a way to take an HDR shot and save the RAW component images? I can do this on my Mavic Air (it creates a separate file with the RAW under/over exposed images). There is an option on my Air to save the original images in an HDR shot. I cannot find that option with the M2P. Granted, I generally just do an exposure bracket, but sometimes I want to see what it can do in-camera and I’d like access to the RAW shots. I see options to save original shots for Panos but nothing to save the original RAW HDR images.

Yes. It's in the photo modes. There is both HDR and Multi.

The M2P/Z owners manual does a poor job of covering DJI Go 4. See this guide for a better reference:

The TOC on that first page has a link to Camera Settings near the top, but it doesn't work. Instead, go to the very bottom and click on "8". Here's the direct link:

HDR is covered on that page.

EDIT: It does save RAW for HDR and Multi modes, but I don't see a setting for it. However, I shoot it those modes very often (most of the time I'm up shooting) and it always saves the DNGs. In fact, I never get a JPG HDR.

I do see a setting in the camera settings for SAVE JPG vs RAW, but it is only for Panos and Hyperlapses. Press the Camera Settings icon on the Go 4 desktop, then on the dialog box that comes up, click the gear icon / tab on the far right, then see the first two options. If you are doing HDR and it is not saving DNGs, try it with these two settings set to RAW.

Chris

Last edited:
Yes. It's in the photo modes. There is both HDR and Multi.

The M2P/Z owners manual does a poor job of covering DJI Go 4. See this guide for a better reference:

The TOC on that first page has a link to Camera Settings near the top, but it doesn't work. Instead, go to the very bottom and click on "8". Here's the direct link:

HDR is covered on that page.

EDIT: It does save RAW for HDR and Multi modes, but I don't see a setting for it. However, I shoot it those modes very often (most of the time I'm up shooting) and it always saves the DNGs. In fact, I never get a JPG HDR.

I do see a setting in the camera settings for SAVE JPG vs RAW, but it is only for Panos and Hyperlapses. Press the Camera Settings icon on the Go 4 desktop, then on the dialog box that comes up, click the gear icon / tab on the far right, then see the first two options. If you are doing HDR and it is not saving DNGs, try it with these two settings set to RAW.

Chris
I’m just going off memory but I think if you set it to save both jpeg and RAW it would logically save the bracketed DNGs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21