DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Mid-Michigan

emailman

Reactions
I am a boomer with a new toy! My kids are making good money and it was time they spent some of it on me for Christmas. I received the Costso Mavic Mini package and have charged it up, but it is too cold to fly (or is it??)

Also is the Care refresh worth it for ~$40 ?

Thanks for any tips you can send my way

Dave

Hello and WELCOME to the forum :)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland emailman.

Nice to meet you Dave. ?

Also is the Care refresh worth it for ~$40 ?

Peace of mind?

I have flown the Spark for over three years and didn't use my refresh during that time.

I currently have it on my MA2 and I don't plan on using it.

The problem is you need the aircraft to send back. If it's at the bottom of the lake, stuck in a tree, or sitting on a rocky cliff and you can't retrieve it, the refresh won't be any good.

Do a search for State Farm insurance pertaining to drone insurance.
It varies in every state and agent but from what I've read here in the Forums, it's a replacement aircraft if you lose the original. No questions asked and you don't need a broken quad to send back.

Good Luck with your flights and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome. Mid Michigan huh...Midland area, Mt. Pleasant, Clare, or farther north or south? I grew up in Michigan, the outdoorsman's state. If you are in the Midland or Clare areas you can easily go north, east or west to get great video and photos...of the Great Lakes, the hills around Mancelona or the beautiful twins bays of Traverse City. Can't wait to see what you contribute to this forum. Good Luck!

Welcome. Mid Michigan huh...Midland area, Mt. Pleasant, Clare, or farther north or south? I grew up in Michigan, the outdoorsman's state. If you are in the Midland or Clare areas you can easily go north, east or west to get great video and photos...of the Great Lakes, the hills around Mancelona or the beautiful twins bays of Traverse City. Can't wait to see what you contribute to this forum. Good Luck!
I am in St Helen as well as metro Detroit, but probably will use it in St Helen more. I have downloaded the DJI software, and the B4UFLY app. I am watching videos to learn more currently, but have not turned it on yet. It has been very cold here so I am waiting till it will be near 40 in the next few days to try it out. I did buy propeller guards and might get the landing sled gear since there is a lot of snow on the ground here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike