DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Pensacola

Konquerar

Reactions
Hello..will be having the Ma2 arriving hopefully in the next few days its in route via Alaska............ I live on the west side of Pensacola, interested in flying with some folks who have more experience than me which should not be difficult because I have none,,,,,lol... the Kittyhawk app seems nice and yes there is plenty of places to fly all be it with restrictions..downtown at
Plaza de Luna looks interesting..also looks like you can fly some of the parks on the water..Did a test authorization at Plaza de Luna and was authorized go within seconds good sign hopefully.

Did you ever get your bird, and have you flown it lately? I live in Navarre, new to my M2Z, been flying it a bunch though. Hopefully you didn't get wiped out by hurricane Sally, I work with some people that have been without power for almost a week. Anyway, let me know if you are going flying anywhere...

Reactions: zeusfl
I see there have not been any posts here lately, are there still places to fly safely for a rookie in the P, Cola area, especially on the north end around Nine Mile road?
Have a look at the B4YOUFLY app or look at the online version at the link below. Just select the location and the popup will show you what you need to know for the point you selected. See the

The airspace above Nine Mile Road from the Jones Athletic Center and eastward is in the Class C controlled airspace for Pensacola Regional Airport (dirty pink color) You can fly there only with LAANC authorization.

Most of the area around Pensacola and west into Alabama is in Alert Area A-292 because of a "high volume of rotary and fixed wing training." You can fly there but be aware of manned aircraft and use particular caution to avoid them. Keep the drone low and close to you. I'd suggest that you read up on Special User Airspace.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 180712.jpg

Can I legally fly VLOS in my own backyard to get used to the controls?
I'm pretty sure that depends on exactly where your back yard is. Download B4UFLY or Aloft and check. I'm a recreational flyer, and I live in a Class C restricted airspace zone, restricted to 300'. Whenever I fly, I request LAANC clearance through the app, and I stick to the max 300'. If you are in a 0' zone, you can't fly, even in your backyard. Also, always fly within VLOS!

I use B4UFLY app, and live in Class C airspace up near NAS Whiting Field and got approval for almost a year through FAA DroneZone flying in my backyard up to 200' and within 1/4 mile of my house. There are also flying fields at Fritz Field Pensacola and Jay that are run by NFMI (local flying club). AMA/NFMI membership required.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929