DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Portugal

jserra

Reactions
Hello everyone, greetings from Lisbon.
Newbie here, brought a Mini on a whim 3 weeks ago after seeing a friend try to fly one.
Thoroughly enjoying the hobby - flying the thing and trying to capture decent footage for edition on Lumafusion - and eager to learn and improve.
Thanks!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland jserra.

This is an addictive hobby.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Bom dia and welcome to the forum! I once worked at the US Embassy out there decades ago, before recreational drones, so I can only imagine the great flying views you have out there in Lisboa. Thanks for stopping to say hello to everyone.

Safe and happy flying!

Bem-vindo ao nosso fórum, do Texas!

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in Portugal--it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Portugese among our membership, and over 120,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Que bom que você se juntou a nós!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !!!

Hello everyone, greetings from Lisbon.
Newbie here, brought a Mini on a whim 3 weeks ago after seeing a friend try to fly one.
Thoroughly enjoying the hobby - flying the thing and trying to capture decent footage for edition on Lumafusion - and eager to learn and improve.
Thanks!
Welcome and Enjoy! I'm a newbie too. I have yet to crash my bird, but only because I have yet to take it for its maiden flight.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Looking to get a small MM myself, maybe on Black Friday.
I am looking at the MM, because its primary role is to fly as a selfie camera, never designed for long distance. And, because of how small it is, its less intimidating, then my MP's. The MM does not benefit from Ocusync, like the MP, or many other drones, but it still very nice to own. It does however have flight control issues, such as wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft. But have fun, fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair