DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello I am new , Real Estate Photography

MavicPizarro

Reactions
So I just ordered my mavic mini fly more combo bundle, I never flew a drone before. Once I get my pilot license (Part 107) and start doing this commercial wise, does JPG or Raw make it or break it when it comes to Real Estate Photography coming from the mini? , in which I know that the Mavic mini doesn't shoot raw. Any advise would be helpful,

thank you

Reactions: Thomas B
JPG quality for Real Estate photos is okay. Most pictures will be small and downgraded anyway for flyers and web usage.

Reactions: JS1600 and Thomas B
Ok great eventually I will upgrade later to a better drone I just wanted to make sure I am starting out right :)
Be sure to practice in beginner mode in an area w/o obstructions until controls are second nature... then again in normal flight before you start really purposing the bird. Recommend reading the full 60 page DJI manual for your drone before you start these two thing will avoid nasty surprises.

Reactions: WARRIK and JS1600
Be sure to practice in beginner mode in an area w/o obstructions until controls are second nature... then again in normal flight before you start really purposing the bird. Recommend reading the full 60 page DJI manual for your drone before you start these two thing will avoid nasty surprises.

Wow thank you for the heads up! I have some locations already that open parks with obstructions that are miles away.

Many of my clients actually request "smaller files" (less resolution etc) than what we produce normally. So JPG will be fine for the vast majority of REA in the country. Over the last several years of doing this I only have one client who asks for anything but JPG and he happens to also be a Graphic Artist on the side.

Keep it simple and provide a quality product to your clients without making extra work for yourself.

Many of my clients actually request "smaller files" (less resolution etc) than what we produce normally. So JPG will be fine for the vast majority of REA in the country. Over the last several years of doing this I only have one client who asks for anything but JPG and he happens to also be a Graphic Artist on the side.

Keep it simple and provide a quality product to your clients without making extra work for yourself.

Thank you, for that feedback :)

Reactions: BigAl07
good luck in your new venture ,i hope you realise that flying commercially,is a whole different ball game to being a hobby flyer,i hope you have done some research into whats involved

Reactions: lertsek
I’m purchasing a MPP soon and I want to get into the same thing to pay it off. ??

Congrats on your business!

My recommend would be: (1) Fully understand the camera & video capabilities/settings of the drone. (2) Practice and get comfortable with a variety of “cinematic” maneuvers. Plan your shots in advance and shoot more than you think is necessary. (3) Be prepared to perform post processing. It is rare you can achieve a professional photo or video w/o some post processing.

Reactions: AlgebraMan
I don't wan't to be a party pooper but buying the drone, first DSLR or any other piece of gear doesn't make people photographers. Adding "Photography" to the facebook page won't work too.. From your question, I can figure out that you are just starting with photography.. Perhaps it's a bit early about thinking to transform your new hobby in to a business. Imagine a person who buys a stethoscope and says that he is a doctor the very next day. Photography as every other profession takes time to learn and master. I've been taking pictures for over 20 years and only 8 years ago I decided to quit my day job and open my first Photography studio which is still in the business and doing well. It took me 12 years to build the confidence and skills that I can price and sell without hesitation. I wish you very best with your venture but please take small steps, learn how to walk before you start running..

I don't wan't to be a party pooper but buying the drone, first DSLR or any other piece of gear doesn't make people photographers. Adding "Photography" to the facebook page won't work too.. From your question, I can figure out that you are just starting with photography.. Perhaps it's a bit early about thinking to transform your new hobby in to a business. Imagine a person who buys a stethoscope and says that he is a doctor the very next day. Photography as every other profession takes time to learn and master. I've been taking pictures for over 20 years and only 8 years ago I decided to quit my day job and open my first Photography studio which is still in the business and doing well. It took me 12 years to build the confidence and skills that I can price and sell without hesitation. I wish you very best with your venture but please take small steps, learn how to walk before you start running..
i agree with you it had similar thoughts see my post #9 there is a lot to learn

So I just ordered my mavic mini fly more combo bundle, I never flew a drone before. Once I get my pilot license (Part 107) and start doing this commercial wise, does JPG or Raw make it or break it when it comes to Real Estate Photography coming from the mini? , in which I know that the Mavic mini doesn't shoot raw. Any advise would be helpful,

thank you
In terms of making or breaking it when it comes to Real Estate Photography, the real issue is paying clients, not the type of file being shot. Now that the equipment bar to entry is $399, most of your potential prospects will be buying their own camera drone, if they don't already have a better one, and everyone else with a Mavic Mini is now your competition. It's a race to the bottom. Real estate agents are notoriously cheap, and those that aren't will not be impressed when you show up with a Mavic Mini to shoot their $10 million listing. Might want to rethink your business plan before you waste time getting your 107. Enjoy the hobby instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer