DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello Illinois

samkanio

Reactions
I am a new member interested in flying drone. The problem is I am not good at it. Any suggestion about what type of drone to get to learn how to fly?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann, in the friendly skies of North Texas!

You'll find that flying any DJI quad is so easy, they almost fly themselves. They start at $399 for the Mini, which is a very good drone with a good camera. I fly an M2P (I have about $2,500-3,000 in it, with accessories). I flew my friend's Mini for all of 5 minutes, and was impressed as hell. Still am. He has several higher-end drones, but he enjoys flying his Mini best. If you can swing it financially, you can get the Mini with Flymore Pack for $499. This gives you a total of 3 batteries (you'll need 'em), a case, and a bunch of cool stuff.

A word of caution: Chicago ain't called "The Windy City" for nothin'. At 249 grams, the Mini doesn't buck the wind as well as beefier drones, so be careful if you opt for the Mini. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to locate a lost drone.

Lots of fun stuff to shoot throughout Chicago and the Lake Michigan area. Whenever you need advice, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to help you grow as a pilot and photographer.

Hope you decide to join us!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929