DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help for an associate's Mavic Pro issues

flybyday8390

Reactions
I'm the one asking on his behalf.

Problem? DJI GO 4 app on iPhone 8+ shows "disconnected" to left, and when "enter device" is selected.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Multiple usb-to-lightning cords through bottom usb port on controller, tried the left side connection port. tried deleting and redownloading app several times, tried restarting phone several times.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 8+

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Everything up to date as of today.

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4

Any modification? (if so what) nope, everything is as is from out of the box

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) see attached.

Attachments

• P8240003 - Copy.JPG
    P8240003 - Copy.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 26
  • P8240004 - Copy.JPG
    P8240004 - Copy.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 25
  • P8240006 - Copy.JPG
    P8240006 - Copy.JPG
    563.3 KB · Views: 25
  • P8240007 - Copy.JPG
    P8240007 - Copy.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 23
Is the side cable plugged in? If so try unplugging it, from memory it being plugged in stopped my phone using the bottom USB.

Reactions: flybyday8390

Problem? DJI GO 4 app on iPhone 8+ shows "disconnected" to left, and when "enter device" is selected.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Multiple usb-to-lightning cords through bottom usb port on controller, tried the left side connection port. tried deleting and redownloading app several times, tried restarting phone several times.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Everything up to date as of today.

I bet it’s in Wi-Fi mode. Done this a few times and drove me crazy till I figured it out. There a little switch in the compartment where the SD card slot is and that has to be switched to “RC” to use it with the remote. Sometimes people accidentally switch this because they don’t know what it does or switch it and forget to switch it back.

Obviously the RC and AC are not connected, have you tried re-linking them via the DJI Go4 app and manual button process.

Have you tried a different phone or tablet to isolate the problem to the RC/AC

Obviously the RC and AC are not connected, have you tried re-linking them via the DJI Go4 app and manual button process.

Have you tried a different phone or tablet to isolate the problem to the RC/AC
Now that I look closer the RC is showing telemetry so looks like they are connected (I was wrong too fwiw) must be a phone to RC connection issue.

Reactions: lannes

Was unit in a crash? No

Have your friend try connecting his phone to a computer and see if it connects and is recognized by the computer. Sometimes lint and crap can get lodged in the lightning port and even though I assume it charges it may be blocking just the data pins and not the power pins. If that’s the problem you can get a paper clip and dig the lint out. You’ll be amazed at how much comes out even from a fully working port

Have your friend try connecting his phone to a computer and see if it connects and is recognized by the computer. Sometimes lint and crap can get lodged in the lightning port and even though I assume it charges it may be blocking just the data pins and not the power pins. If that’s the problem you can get a paper clip and dig the lint out. You’ll be amazed at how much comes out even from a fully working port

I'll try both suggestions, the one about the lint and the one before about the wifi signal. Unfortunately my associate is in Georgia, making any chance of helping him in person difficult. What can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it wasn't the wifi mode switch, and it wasn't the lint. He checked the wifi switch, and cleaned out the phone lighting port. I'm honestly at a loss on what to tell him at this point. Thank you for your help though!

So it wasn't the wifi mode switch, and it wasn't the lint. He checked the wifi switch, and cleaned out the phone lighting port. I'm honestly at a loss on what to tell him at this point. Thank you for your help though!

Try it without the SD card inserted in the drone from start up

Has he tried refreshing the firmware on the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998